How long will brisket take on smoke

Any hunk of meat will suck up smoke as long as it remains in a smoky environment.

The butcher paper method is a great way to have meat stop taking the smoke, if needed.

That is what I have heard as well. When I T gets to 140, don't bother putting smoke wood in anymore. I believe it is pretty accurate.
Again a false statement. The smoke ring stops forming at 140 deg it is just a visual thing (I can get a smoke ring in the oven) this has nothing to do with smoke flavor that continues to develop during a cook.

So the brisket is done when internal temp reaches 210-215?

So if you're into your cook on a WSM would you put chunks on the top rack for say a half hour before putting them on the fire?

Actually the couple of times I decided early on my WSM days to add more wood in because I didn't have the right amount in I just lit them up in my charcoal chimney, on top of some coals, lmao. Threw the whole chimney in there, and it did me fine. I can't remember the last time I added chunks into my WSM though, nowadays I know how many chunks I want in there, so I just add them through the ring as I'm laying in the briquettes.

It is done when it probes done. Once it reaches about 190 internal, quit looking at the thermometer and go to a probe. it should easily slide in. Each brisket is done at somewhat different temperatures ranging from about 190 to 210 or so.

Depends on your tastes, in the end. It's "when it gets like butter." You have to remember that while it rests it continues to cook as well. I think, realistically, I pull mine off the pit more in the 185-190 stage, and when it's done resting it's at the "target temp" of whatever it is, in all honesty the only time I really use my therms for target temps is when I'm cooking some kind of steak on the grill I'm not used to cooking on the grill, and I want it to be the perfect temp, at which point I start feeling the meat to see what it feels like as I press it, and can remove the therm from that "equation" as well.

Back