• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

just curious if i am the only one....

ironmanerik

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
stupid enough to put a 16 1/2 lb brisket on the shelf of the freezer with the temp control making it impossible to get out without a power tool.

P6200878.jpg

bought a new blade for the sawzall

P6200879.jpg

P6200880.jpg

The story gets better, I put a kielbasa underneath it to keep the coil in the shelf safe. Didn't matter sawed through it and into the shelf doing my part to kill the ozone by releasing the Freon. So 5 hundred bucks later I have a new larger freezer. The moral of the story is put some thought into meat placement, and if you do fark it up be very careful with your power tools.

LOL

I had bunch of meats stuck like that but never resorted to my saws. I would've turned down the freezer temps some or unplug the fridge for a little bit.

When you have a hammer everything looks like a nail, when you have a sawzall. ........lookout.
Yep. My wifes hair dryer would have worked in about 10 minutes.:roll:
ETA: Of course, if I wanted a new, bigger freezer.............:mrgreen:

Seems to me like unplugging the freezer and letting it thaw some would have done the trick. I have a feeling you needed a excuse for a bigger freezer :-D

Yep. My wifes hair dryer would have worked in about 10 minutes.:roll:
ETA: Of course, if I wanted a new, bigger freezer.............:mrgreen:

Seems to me like unplugging the freezer and letting it thaw some would have done the trick. I have a feeling you needed a excuse for a bigger freezer :-D

I cut three inches off the end of the brisket to get it past the temp controller. It was 2 inches thick at the cut, frozen solid, don't think the hair dryer would have worked. Thawing everything in there wasn't an option.

Oooops... I knew what was comin the second I saw the power tool! A new freezer was the plan from the moment you picked up the saw, wasn't it? :wink:

One of my favorite kitchen purchases: [ame="http://www.amazon.com/Focus-Foodservice-Commercial-Bakeware-Aluminum/dp/B00188AJN6"]Amazon.com: Focus Foodservice Commercial Bakeware 13 by 18 Inch 18 Gauge Aluminum Half Sheet Pan: Kitchen & Dining@@AMEPARAM@@http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/31E6Kw3GymL.@@AMEPARAM@@31E6Kw3GymL[/ame]

I use it in the freezer and figure it helps to freeze stuff quicker. (Ever sit on aluminum bleachers on a cold day? :shock: )

Gets a lot of use in general. I just used it earlier this evening.

IMG_20140620_175328.jpg

Get at least two.

Back