Klose Products

B

bbqpigskin

Hey, has anybody ever used spices made by Klose? He has a few different types of rubs, and I was just wondering if anyone had ever played with them.

Phil has, and has done well with the chicken if I remember right.

That's a new one on me. Perhaps the Poobah will chime in...

I use the poultry rub regularly. We took second in chicken with a doctored up version of it in Ohio last year.

Keeping in mind that everyone's tastes are different......
I highly recommend the Sweet Texas Brisket Rub. Tastes great and more importantly barks up well, I just wish it was a little cheaper.

Klose sells his rub for $10 per pound, I can get 5# of Cookshacks brisket rub for $16.50! That's a savings of... well several briskets!

kcquer said:
Klose sells his rub for $10 per pound, I can get 5# of Cookshacks brisket rub for $16.50! That's a savings of... well several briskets!

Klose rubs are all hand mixed, and I think he uses some top shelf spices.

I use daves rubs almost exclusivly.. either out of the jar, or doctored up for comps. Chickens my favorite out of the jar..go easy, its salty.. Pork and ribs gets Dr'ed up.. Same with Brisket. They're expensive cause he uses all top shelf and rotates(read throws out) after a short shelf life.

the stuff Bills talkin aboutwiththe 3 girls on it was same off cycle maple rub he was playing with a year or 2 ago. He had to pull it becase the girls on the pic didnt want themselves on the label.

Klose bulk rubs,,,10#s for $50.
The Brisket rub is brilliant.Poultry is pretty nice also.

John Henry's Wild Cherry Chipotle!!!!!!!!!
Must investigate,big fan here,from years back.

JKH said:

What does a cannuker like you know about BBQ?:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Klose bulk rubs,,,10#s for $50.

JKH is correct, I was operating off a defective memory (mine). Still seems over priced to me.
Exactly how top shelf and ultimately fresh do spices need to be if the intent is to burn them for 12+ hours?

JKH said:

We used that on pork butt at Grill Kings last year and took 1st.

Just ordered me a bunch of J.Henry rubs,remember all that time making my own rubs years ago,drive to the House of spice,drop $70 drive back,mix,usually half of the spices aren't as fresh as they could be,never made anything spectacular,dump,repeat once a month,one day,oh 6 years back i happen on some JH Nedra D's which was like a slap to the head.
Now it's
TexasBBQ rub
J.Henry rubs
Klose rubs.
Order in my socks,no parking tickets,one less thing to worry about,which gives me more time hunting trees.

I went down and picked up some JH Cherry Chipotle to try this weekend on some ribs. Thanks for the heads up on it

Take it Smokey!

Back