MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Competition BBQ

Notices

Competition BBQ *On Topic Only* Discussion regarding all aspects of Competition BBQ. Experiences competing or visiting, questions, getting started, Equipment, announcements of events, Results, Reviews, Planning, etc. Questions here will be responded to with competition BBQ in mind.

Old 10-07-2012, 08:35 PM   #16
cowboyupbbq
is one Smokin' Farker

Name/Nickname : Eric
Default Libertyville

We are coming up from Kansas to visit a couple colleges for Luke and cook the contest with some guys I work with at Grainger. Looking forward to meeting some Brethren.

Eric
cowboyupbbq is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-08-2012, 09:53 AM   #17
Brew-B-Q
is one Smokin' Farker

I just checked with the organizer and they are not taking any more teams. They have 49 and that is apparently the most they can have with only 2 KCBS reps. I was going to try and squeeze this one in but no luck.
Brew-B-Q is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-08-2012, 12:57 PM   #18
Divemaster
somebody shut me the fark up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brew-B-Q View Post
I just checked with the organizer and they are not taking any more teams. They have 49 and that is apparently the most they can have with only 2 KCBS reps. I was going to try and squeeze this one in but no luck.
That makes sense.

Either way, if you are around, everyone is still invited Friday. Figure I'll do up a couple of 25 pounders.
Race Fast, Cook Slow, and Enjoy Life!
If it don't come off a smoker, it's just a side dish!

Lang 60 Patio (The Mistress), Black Stainless Lang 36 (Little Princess), Large BGE (Ramona), Big Green UDS (Cottage Cooker), Brinkman SnP Pro (Little Bubba-Retired), 8 Burner Gasser, 3 - 22.5" & 1 - 18" (circa 1975) Weber Grills, & a Weber Smoky Joe.
Divemaster is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-09-2012, 09:35 PM   #19
chicagokp
Babbling Farker

I am going to try and stop by to say hello again.
Weber Performer
22.5 Weber OTG
WGA Charcoal
Weber Genesis
chicagokp is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-10-2012, 12:06 PM   #20
Kave Dweller
Take a breath!

We're in, we figured between Kenosha and St Charles we only knew how to sweat in our first year, now we want to find out how to freeze.
Kave Dweller is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-10-2012, 12:53 PM   #21
Divemaster

We'll be glad to see all of you.

Remember, we are supplying the ham, bread, and condiments. We do ask that you bring something for the table and your own drinks.

Lang 60 Patio (The Mistress), Black Stainless Lang 36 (Little Princess), Large BGE (Ramona), Big Green UDS (Cottage Cooker), Brinkman SnP Pro (Little Bubba-Retired), 8 Burner Gasser, 3 - 22.5" & 1 - 18" (circa 1975) Weber Grills, & a Weber Smoky Joe.

Old 10-10-2012, 05:55 PM   #22
SCSmoke
Full Fledged Farker

Not cooking but plan on stopping bye to say hello on Friday evening.

Old 10-15-2012, 08:35 PM   #23
cowboyupbbq
is one Smokin' Farker

I know this is a stretch, but wondering if anyone has a large BGE they'd let us borrow at libertyville. Have not had a chance to figure out how to mount the egg on the new trailer.

Thanks,

Eric

Old 10-16-2012, 11:23 AM   #24
Divemaster

Getting close! I don’t know where you all are going to be but our site is in the North/East corner of the parking lot. See you soon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboyupbbq View Post
I know this is a stretch, but wondering if anyone has a large BGE they'd let us borrow at libertyville. Have not had a chance to figure out how to mount the egg on the new trailer.

Thanks,

Eric
Sorry, last time I transported mine it cracked the liner. Seeing how it’s not under warranty, I figure that it should more than likely stay where it is.

Old 10-16-2012, 11:35 AM   #25
riblette
On the road to being a farker

I'm headed in from NorCal for a family gathering in Highland Park over the weekend. I'm really hoping to sneak out for a visit on Friday night or Saturday (if you knew my wife's familiy you'd know why …if anyone could use some help, let me know… wash parsley for ya? Wash dishes? Wash your car? Change the air in your tires? Carry buckets of smoke for ya? Anything??? J/K)

Good luck, everybody!

Cheers,
Riblette
Folsom, CA
riblette is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-16-2012, 01:06 PM   #26
Divemaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by riblette View Post
I'm headed in from NorCal for a family gathering in Highland Park over the weekend. I'm really hoping to sneak out for a visit on Friday night or Saturday (if you knew my wife's familiy you'd know why …if anyone could use some help, let me know… wash parsley for ya? Wash dishes? Wash your car? Change the air in your tires? Carry buckets of smoke for ya? Anything??? J/K)

Good luck, everybody!

Cheers,
Riblette
Folsom, CA
You know, now that you mention it, I'm in DESPERATE need of some help with my flavor profiles as they relate to the California judges on Friday evening. Think you could help me out?

Did that sound convincing enough?

Thanks from:--->
Old 10-16-2012, 09:01 PM   #27
SMOKEHUNTERS
Is lookin for wood to cook with.

I'm late to the thread. Scottie great point on the cost vs prize $$. I too have gone every year. It's not our favorite but like you said it's close to home. See you friday! I'll bring some Punk brew.
www.peoriacustomcookers.com
SMOKEHUNTERS is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-17-2012, 07:25 AM   #28
cowboyupbbq
is one Smokin' Farker

Default Libertyville

Thanks. I actually found one. Looking forward to it.

Getting close! I don’t know where you all are going to be but our site is in the North/East corner of the parking lot. See you soon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboyupbbq View Post

Thanks,

Eric
Sorry, last time I transported mine it cracked the liner. Seeing how it’s not under warranty, I figure that it should more than likely stay where it is.