MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Catering, Food Handling and Awareness > Catering, Vending and Cooking For The Masses.

Notices

Catering, Vending and Cooking For The Masses. this forum is OnTopic. A resource to help with catering, vending and just cooking for large parties. Topics to include Getting Started, Ethics, Marketing, Catering resources, Formulas and recipes for cooking for large groups.

Old 03-22-2009, 07:31 PM   #16
FatBoyz
is one Smokin' Farker

i think your low at 17 for 4 meats we charge 20.... and we get it i mean we are talking 150 peps here

Old 03-24-2009, 07:14 AM   #17
Divemaster
somebody shut me the fark up.

I would aim for the $19-$20 range... The sides are where I find I make money, the profit margin on the meat is lower.
Race Fast, Cook Slow, and Enjoy Life!
If it don't come off a smoker, it's just a side dish!

Lang 60 Patio (The Mistress), Black Stainless Lang 36 (Little Princess), Large BGE (Ramona), Big Green UDS (Cottage Cooker), Brinkman SnP Pro (Little Bubba-Retired), 8 Burner Gasser, 3 - 22.5" & 1 - 18" (circa 1975) Weber Grills, & a Weber Smoky Joe.
Divemaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 08:01 AM   #18
ThomEmery
Babbling Farker

$22 with simple sides

Team What Wood Jesus Que?

Www.bbqthom.com
ThomEmery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2009, 07:51 PM   #19
ASUBBQ
Knows what a fatty is.

Default Pricing

Demographics isn't neccesarily dictating catering prices these days, I'm also in CT and from what I'm seeing everyone is looking for a deal this season!

I just declined a job offer for a doctor, they wanted to feed 80 guests 3 meats, 3 sides & rolls for $1500.00.

The kicker was they also needed to rent tables, chairs & linens for the event, cost on that was $530.00, left ya with less than a grand for food, help, travel & business expenses.......NOT

As a caterer I cant play the guessing game anymore, I ask up front for a budget range so I know where the client needs to be.

Most folks are shopping but I garuntee they are not asking for apples to apples bidding!
ASUBBQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2009, 07:58 PM   #20
hossrocks
On the road to being a farker

We are getting the same thing. We restructured or price list this season with the anticipation of buget minded clients. So far we are getting most of the events we bid.
hossrocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2009, 09:22 PM   #21
ThomEmery
Babbling Farker

We have added a few budget items to the menu
Lots of folks are just not making the money they were

Team What Wood Jesus Que?

Www.bbqthom.com
ThomEmery is offline   Reply With Quote