Burnt End Bonanza

ultramag

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
I have been saving brisket points again for a while to have a burnt end feed. We really enjoy doing this and I thought I'd share some pics of it this time.

I always re-rub the area were the point was connected to the flat to make some good bark there while re-smoking the points.

Here are the points rubbed and on the grate waiting for the BDS to be ready:

And finally loaded on the BDS for a 3 or 4 hour smoke before chopping. Not sure how long I'll let them go since I've never smoked just burnt ends on the BDS yet:

I just turned them after 1 hr. and 15 min. and they really want to crumble up. Should be awful good. I also had a couple chunks off the big chuck roll that got pretty done that I'm going to add a bit later and try burnt ends made with it. The wife and I ate at Fiorella's Jack Stack a month or so ago and the burnt ends were made w/ chuck. I was a little surprised at that, but they were very good. You could tell the difference immediately though if you have eaten both types of meat.

i chop the point then add more rub and a lil sauce, back to the smoker for 3+ hours. thats what i did yesterday.

I sometimes do the same motley. Generally I will re-rub at the seperation and smoke whole a while before chopping and adding a little rub. I just like to save them up and have enough to make a meal from time to time. It takes discipline though as I am a point man. :wink:

those look great and should come out good.....I stopped eating Jack Stack burnt ends cause sometimes they are undercooked and real fatty....can't find a good burnt end plate in kc for some reason, except smoke n guns but that's up north

That looks like good eating, your making me hungry for brisket, but the weather down here has been to unpredictable lately.

Chopped w/ some more rub and back on the smoker:

Added a little sauce to some of them and back in the BDS again for 20 min. Here is the finished product:

Good eating.

Damn Man that looks great...I love burnt ends, now I'm hungry, just have to figure out where I can get burnt ends for breakfast :mrgreen:

Damn Mag, those look better than KC's meatballs. Just give me a toothpick and get the hell out of my way!! Awesome man!

Back