NEBS Board election bio

L

lunchlady

I hope I am not being too forward with posting this. I am hopeful that this will reach more NEBS members, so please bear with me and thanks for the opportunity.

Fellow NEBS members,
My name is Michelle Taft and I would like to be considered for a position on the NEBS Board of Directors. I would like to help move NEBS forward as a well-respected and enjoyable society for ALL members.

I have been a member of the New England BBQ Society since September of 2003. I am a member of the competition BBQ team “lunchmeat”, and I am a certified KCBS BBQ judge. As a stay-at-home mom, I can devote much of my time to this Board

I have a few short-term goals which I hope to make reality if I am elected to the BOD. These goals include a more “member-friendly” NEBS tent; a new, modernized logo, devised and approved by NEBS members; and the implementation of a NEBS-sponsored Serv-Safe class, which would be available to members at a discounted rate.

My long-term goals include the promotion and marketing of existing New England competitions and New England BBQ Society as a whole; enhancing member benefits; and assisting in the development of Kid’s Q and Backyard competitions in New England.

I believe I have shown enthusiasm and commitment by taking an active role at NEBS Board meetings and online group BBQ discussions. Although I am still relatively new to BBQ, with only two short years under my belt, I feel I have come to know many members, and I believe that, together, we all can have a positive impact on our Society. Thanks for caring. Michelle Taft

Back