Smoked Mac & Cheese (with PRON)

Grafixgibbs

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
Tonight I experimented and made homemade mac & cheese but instead of baking it in the oven I put it in the smoker. It came out good. The cheese picked up the smokey flavor which was very nice.

Here are the pictures.

The beschemel sauce
1000000735.jpg

The sausages I used on the mac n cheese
1000000738.jpg

Cooking on the cooker.
1000000745.jpg

The finished mac n cheese.
1000000748.jpg

Served up and ready to eat.
1000000750.jpg

Did you find that you may need to mix the pre cooked dish a bit thinner? Did your pasta dry out a bit?

At the last comp I did with my 10 year old son we picked up the costco premade mac n cheese and added siracha?( red rooster sauce and then coverred with bread crumbs and let it cook in the smoker with the meats.. It was great!! Bet homemade was better..

I did this once too, but it was waaaaaay too smoky. I want to try again, but will cut back on the smoke.

Yours looks great!

Looks great. Couple of question, what temp did you cook and about how long did it take?

Steve

I love mac and cheese on a smoker last time I had a bbq feed at my place there was none left over I was bummed cus I didn`t make enough

that looks great, did the top get brown and crunchy or just dry. I thought about makeing some with pulled pork for a chefs choice. not sure how to present in a box though

Back