• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Images from Camp Parks Troop Feed

landarc

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
beans_zps91960fc2.jpg

Yup, those look like beans still...

carving_zpse170fd34.jpg

We carved as we served, the best way to keep the tri-tip fresh

eaters_zps2bc592de.jpg

Happy eaters

eating_zpscbb909fa.jpg

More happy eaters...this makes it worth it all

gifts_zpsd354ff32.jpg

We provided the Santa, but, these gifts were gathered by the Girl Scouts, those little girls go for it!

plate2_zpsed3620fa.jpg

Grub

plate1_zps8656f2b0.jpg

more grub

servers_zpsc6491feb.jpg

That fellow in the orange apron is CSM Swift, Airborne, Ranger, server of chicken

prep1_zpsa43526f0.jpg

Do they look cold? I bet they were cold...

waiting_zps5858dbad.jpg

The crowd was getting restless here, see the blonde woman in the red coat, she was out kitchen setup person, soldier all the way, then she sat down and her eyes never came off the food

tritips_zpsb0e6844f.jpg

Yeah, we had a few tri-tips

tri-tip_zpse9b57978.jpg

lineup2_zpsb2da3d27.jpg

Some of the Brethren, and Marty getting a plaque and Battalion medallion, and looking very uncomfortable. Without Marty, this thing would not have come off. That's a load of Brethren behind him.

lineup_zpsba5512a2.jpg

More Brethren, they asked us to line up, and gave a huge cheer. This was incredibly rewarding. I will note, that Ric Gilbert was telling the group, that while we loved the gratitude and compliments, that it was we, who were grateful to them, and that what we did was just one day, a very small gesture, in deeply felt gratitude for all they do for us.

Fan-farkin-tastic landarc and everyone else that participated.

Nice work guys! Thanks for the pics! Looks like you guys nailed it!

You guys are awsome the troops looked like they enjoyed the meal and both you Brethren and the Troops deserve a great big THANK YOU.

Outstanding job folks. A huge thank you from the bottom of my heart feeding these awesome folks!

Here are some I took

Some cabbage
IMG_2898.JPG

Some slaw
IMG_1984.JPG

More slaw
IMG_2905.JPG

and yes....even more slaw

IMG_2907.JPG

Brethren, BBQ Rigs, a hummer (they brought out the 50 Cal later) and a beautiful day.

IMG_1988.JPG

Calm before the storm
IMG_1991.JPG

and yes..even veggies were served. Thats SmokeJumper on the carrots.
IMG_1992.JPG

Some Tri-tips on the santa maria grill.

IMG_1996.JPG

Serving line
IMG_2005.JPG

IMG_2003.JPG

Full house
IMG_2014.JPG

It was a huge time, and the tiny bit I contributed was paid back tenfold by the smiles and enjoyment I witnessed today.

:thumb:

This whole event was a positive in my book. The immediate outpouring of support from the Brethren and The California BBQ Association when we asked for help was unbelievable. Dave and Deny Bart had the rig and capability to do large catering BBQ events and stepped up. The happy family faces and people coming for seconds was awesome. This was the best charity I have ever participated in and hope we get a chance to do something similar again. Our group of volunteers was awesome!

Funny thing, the LTC and CSM were really giving a hard time to the Sergeant about the date.

Back