What kind of injector do you use?

I was likely going with the MABBA one to support a Brethern, but I stumbled upon this site - anyone have experience?

http://www.bbqinjector.com/

Not an automatic feed injector but the big ones can hold up to a gallon of liquid and it can pass particulars liked miniced garlic, ground pepper, etc....

Those auto feed ones would be great for whole hog or something, but for just a couple of butts, a gallon is more than enough capacity.

Anyone with experience?

I have used the no cents, and another called a cheap charlie, and just about every other injector out there, including spitjack, and the cabela's ones.

I didnt like the valve on the no cents, liked the way the cheap charlie worked, but alwqys had a hard time with the o-ring leaking pressure on the tank.

I like the cabela's ones, but after using an auto feed, im sold.

Only thing on the auto feed is the size of the needle, for a pig, id like a longer one. other than that, you can inject a little or alot, no need to refill.

Damn that's expensive! Looks exactly like theone Plowboy mentions except plowboys is more than 2/3 less

Come on sled we all know the rich and famous live on Long Island!!

Seriously, though, compare the 5ml injectors, not the 20ml and the 5ml....
The one Todd listed is the 5ml prices are comparable.

Damn that's expensive! Looks exactly like theone Plowboy mentions except plowboys is more than 2/3 less
There is a big difference in the 5ml and the 20ml injector. First, our auto injectors are made with all food safe materials - no fibrous washers to hold contaminates and medical grade silicone tubing for the pickups.

Something to keep in mind when you look at all of these auto fill syringes and drenchers - most of them are considered disposable and not food safe. That's why Tractor Supply sells them in 2 packs. They are intended to inoculate your herd then you toss them. (Shamless plug) I chose the manufacturer that I did because their auto syringes are designed as multiple use tools.

• The 5mil is an all plastic unit with only two serviceable parts - the O-ring and the barrel - if you clog the check valve in the handle and you can't free it by boiling the unit (you can boil and sterilize ours) you have to toss the whole thing.
  • The 5mil units have a fixed return spring - if you use an injection with a lot of sugar in it (high specific gravity solution) the handle return can be really slow.
  • The 5 mil unit is more sensitive to solution specific gravity due to the small check valves. As an example it won't pull Myron's pork injection from his book. Too much sugar in solution.
  • The 20 mil unit is all metal with all the fluid contact parts being stainless steel.
  • The valves in the 20mil unit are serviceable and replaceable. If it clogs up, you can take it all the way apart and clean it.
  • The 20 mil unit has an adjustable return spring tension system. It will pull much higher specific gravity solutions
  • The 20 mil unit is more comparable to the F.Dick Brine pump than the smaller 5mil auto syringes.

If someone were to send me one of their injectors with a supply of 20ga 2" needles, I'd probably endorse their product online, in demos, and in classes.

Just saying. ;-)

If someone were to send me one of their injectors with a supply of 20ga 2" needles, I'd probably endorse their product online, in demos, and in classes.

Just saying. ;-)

Slut. :razz:

Back