11.5lb brisket is on.

dodgeramsst2003

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
That's right, I picked up an 11.5lb brisket, rubbed and in the smoker for deer camp next week. I'll post some finished pic's later...... much later. This is my biggest brisket to date so I hope everything goes ok. I'm cheating a little and using the propane smoker because the weather is crappy and I have places to run to today. Some of this will be sliced for lunches this week and the rest will get chopped for sandwiches after froze for the week.

Chris

Attachments

• Brisket.jpg
    Brisket.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 120
Rub is:

Brown Sugar
Lawry's
White Pepper
Black Pepper
Old Bay
a little garlic powder

Tried to keep it simple, didn't measure anything as usual, just did it by taste.

Edit: forgot to add, Smoker ran a little hotter than I wanted ( just under 300 all afternoon) Flat is currently stalled at 182, and the probe test tells me its still a little tough so its gonna need longer. Its been on around 6.5-7 hours now, so once it hits 195 or so I'll pull it separate the point, cooler the flat and chop the rest for some burnt ends.

Ok, so it hit 195, tested it, felt pretty good, pulled it and let it rest. Attached are the pictures of it cooked, sliced, and one of my dog sitting very impatiently waiting for his taste test. The meat is still a little tough for me to consider this a great brisket, but its good enough to chop for sandwiches, which is what I had intended for most of it anyways. I ran out of propane when it was at 187 and had to finish it in the oven. Oh well, hopefully the next one will turn out a little better.

Attachments

• 100_0180.jpg
    100_0180.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 55
  • 100_0181.jpg
    100_0181.jpg
    89.7 KB · Views: 56
  • 100_0182.jpg
    100_0182.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 56
Good looking meat there Chris!

It may be a lil tough because you didn't cut across the grain, makes a BIG difference!

195 on a other than Blue thermapen I presume.:biggrin: A check at 195 only means one thing..... Now time for the probe/butter test. It's done when it's done. Love the color on the bark.

Back