Chafer Advice

Shiz-Nit

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
I just landed another catering gig for next weekend to serve 120 to 130 people for a wedding shower. I have decided to order me some nice chafers to bump up my presentation and be more professional. Anyone have any advice on brand or what works well for you. I don’t want to go to $$$ on them I would like to stay around $50 or so bucks each.

Thanks for any advice.

Shiz- Nit check Sam's, RD or Restaurant Equippers for On-Line deals.
I prefer the ones that are stainless steel through and through; no black plastic handles.
However, in your range you will probably find only the chafers with black handles. If so, I suggest sprucing up the handles with linens wrapped/tied over the handles. YMMV!

How does this one look like for $31
Details

This 8 qt. full size chafer features a sturdy, stackable rack for space saving storage. It is made out of 18/8 stainless steel, and comes with a full size, 2 1/2" deep food pan, a 4" deep dripless water pan, fuel holders, and dome cover. The overall dimensions of this chafer are 24 3/4"W x 14 1/8"D x 9 5/8"H.

Have finger prints or scratches on your chafers? Try a microfiber polishing cloth out. You might not even need any chemicals to take out that scratch and finger prints are easily removed with a dry cloth.

8-qt-full-size-stackable-chafer.jpg

92299850_pic2_lg.jpg

92299850_pic3_lg.jpg

92299850_pic5_lg.jpg

92299850_pic6_lg.jpg

Not bad with shipping. I have never seen the all SS chafers priced so low. I think they are a good price with shipping. For my zipcode you are looking at $44.14 per chafer, you are not going to be that price for that type of chafer.

just orded 6 of them. the guy said it had a 2 day delivery time.

My mom had a online coupon with 15% off so I used it and saved some cash.

Restaurant Depot has em for $29, but not with the clips for holding the lid up. Yours look pretty nice.

Depending on how many events you do where you want to class it up a bit, there's always the option of renting them. Our chafers are all mismathched and some are real janky...but work great for backyard parties and serving it up at the local breweries.

For weddings we rent so we're all matching and pretty like.

Man that's a good deal. Let me know how you like em, I'm looking for some too.

I bought 12 of the WinCo economy chaffers from RD for $28 each. The term economy means just that. They are pretty flimsy, but if you treat them with care, they will be just fine. They also came with 2 handles. crome and black plastic. I store and transport them in thier original boxs, just don't lift the boxes by the handle. They are flimsy, too.

I bought 12 of the WinCo economy chaffers from RD for $28 each. The term economy means just that. They are pretty flimsy, but if you treat them with care, they will be just fine. I store and transport them in thier original boxs, just don't lift the boxes by the handle. They are flimsy, too.

Back