Man down

LT72884

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
i screwed up a rub today and i need some help fixin it. This one paul kirks book cant help me with..

Here is what i WANT to do. make a rub that is kosher salt, garlic salt, onion salt and black pepper. I have used this before on a pork butt rubed with olive oil and the above seasonings BUT i want to make enough of it for 5 pork butts.

For one pork butt it is 1tsp kosher salt, 1tsp black pepper, 1/2 tsp garlic and onion salt.

Here is what i did. I multiplied the above measurements by 5 and mixed all together. BAD IDEA.. extremely salty

is there a way to accomplish this rub..

thanx

You could make 5 batches in 5 seperate ziplock bags.

If making one large batch you need to add sugar to offset all that salt.

You could make 5 batches in 5 seperate ziplock bags.

If making one large batch you need to add sugar to offset all that salt.
never thought of adding sugar... i know its equal amounts of sugar and salt to balance it out. hmm i might have to do that or just have 5 small bags of it..

thanx

Try using salt free powders or granulated then add salt to get your desired taste. Just my 2 cents.

I agree with "Ol' Smokey", use granulated garlic and onion in place of the garlic salt and onion salt. I'd try a 5-3-3-3 measure to start and compare the taste to your original recipe. Adjust to taste.

yeah as said, try going with onion and garlic powder instead of onion and garlic salt...

OK, just reading your ingredient list has sent my BP to 190/100! :p Whew, what digi said will help my heart a lot.

Back