It never fails..

The Pigman

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
I have loaded and I mean loaded the Lang 84. 7ea. 14 to 15 lb. whole packer briskets and 16ea. 10 to 12 lb. butts. pull out the maverick73 box and open it and 1 probe is in it the other one is missing. The one I have is for the meat side of temp gage and I have it in the smoker side hoping to be able to tell temp of smoker for the night. Dont seem to be working. and it is a cold night out there. Then had small grease fire the grease tube was cloged up and after a coat hanger went up everything worked out. now the smokers is doing what it should and i am inside guess i will be going outside to read temp all night and add wood. Would be nice to have the maverick.

I broke down and bought a digital last year (the initial reason was for pron only) the only way to go..cheaper, easier,...make it simple...and fast

Thats another thing I will have to learn.....But my neighbors can tell you right now the neighborhood smells so good. They have all been coming over to see.

Sorry about the fire Roger, hope you get some rest tonite.
Wished we lived closer together, I would come and help ya watch your pit.

Its 10pm and getting ready to flip the briskets. Everything going good now and temp holding steady around 225. Wish I had room for the slabs of ribs guess I will have to cook those after all of this comes off in the morning.

That's OK about the pics. No evidence needed for me. Glad the fire wasn't bad. hope the food turns out good.

Back