• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

4am Panic

B

bbqjoe

I spent a fair amount of time yesterday trimming up a 25 pound inside round.
Sliced it and got it marinating for jerky.
Had an awsome dinner, came back to the office for a little bit, and fell asleep at my desk.
Woke up about 9:30 and thought Crap! I need to get that jerky in.
I got up, and went with the meat out to the smoker and loaded it up.
Went to bed.
About four this morning, a little voice inside says: Hey stupid did you turn down the temp on the smoker for jerky or did you leave it at *225?

Holy chit!!! My heart began to race as I envisioned little smoldering strips of beef helplessly curled up on the racks.

I quickly get dressed and run out to the smoker.

Major sigh of relief as I see that yes I did set the temp right.

Somedays I think BBQ will be the death of me yet.

bbqjoe said:
Holy chit!!! My heart began to race as I envisioned little smoldering strips of beef helplessly curled up on the racks.

----------------------------------------------------

Hmmmm ..... you mean I wasn't supposed to eat those things? They taste ok but I hate it when they get rolled around the rack.

Glad you did good! Hope you didn't age too much .... this time.

bbqjoe said:

Mmmmm ... i call that good bark. :eek:

But seriously, I'm glad it worked out alright. Any pictures?

bbqjoe said:

I quickly get dressed and run out to the smoker.
Major sigh of relief as I see that yes I did set the temp right.

Clean out the underwear mod !!

Dont You Just Love That Feeling After You Realize You Did Do The Right Thing. it's just trying to get back to sleep that i hate. lol

jgh1204 said:
That is how I feel when I have to go back to find out if I locked the office door. It has always been locked, BTW.

Done that more times than I care to. Just because you know that you're paranoid doesn't meant that there aren't people out to get you.

Back