1st Smoked Ribs with PRON!!!

Sizzler1322

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
I been out of the wood works for a while. I finally had some time to get a smoke out done and post again. Hope you Enjoy.

I have a rack of pork ribs and 6 beef straps.
*Made my own Kansas City Style rub
*Marinade the ribs in mustard and then rubbed on my Kansas City Style Rub. I applied McCormick Steak seasoning to the Beef straps.
* I used Apple Peach Wood for the type of wood. I smoked in the smoker for a constant 200 degrees.
* I added a log about every hour. I would spray the meet every 40 minutes with a spray bottle containing beer, a little soy sauce, and water. If I you have any other questions let me know. They came out great and tender. They fell right off the bone, and had a great taste with that wood. I hadn't tried that type before.
I added membrillo from a tree that I have down at the bottom of the pit for some flavoring.

DSC_0147.jpg

DSC_0146.jpg

DSC_0149.jpg

DSC_0151.jpg

DSC_0153.jpg

DSC_0154.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Time is always the thing that gets in the way.
Glad ya took some, though to cook these up and take pics, they look great.

I can't go too long without wanting to smoke meat. I am a big Chinese food, Thai food, Mexican food, and Cajun food fan. But I gotta have my Q.

I know, I am glad I found some time. Thank you . Cajun does sound good though.

You kept the pit temp.at 200. How long did the ribs take? Looked like you wrapped them. Real nice looking BBQ

3 Hours unwrapped. Then wrapped it for an hour and a half. I left an opening in the wrapping though to make it like a little oven inside.

Back