THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NCGuy68

Full Fledged Farker
Howdy Folks,

The last Beef roast that I smoked was good to me but my Sweetie said it was a bit too dry. So I'am thinking inject this four pounder that I'am looking at.

Doc said to reduce my sodium intake so I'am looking for a home-made low salt injection to keep it moist.

Anybody care to share a 'nice' recipe?

All suggestions are appreciated.

Maybe try a braise. Similar to the pepper stoudt beef recipe. Smoke it on the grate for a few hours then in a pan with some liquid. Beer would be a good low salt version, maybe veggie stock or sodium free beef broth. Put it in a pan, pour in the liquid and cover it until it's tender.

This might be good for you. To inject or as a braising liquid.

http://www.amazon.com/Herb-Ox-Bouillon-Packets-Instant-Seasoning/dp/B002HQGF4A/ref=pd_sim_gro_6

Z

Z

BluDawg's Bovine Nectar
This Injection adds moisture,and is a flavor enhancer it adds beefiness to the brisket .

Bovine Nectar

1 pkg McCormicks Aus Jus
3 cups Black Coffee
1 tbl Worcestershire
1 tbl BluDawgs Bull Dust *recipe to follow

Dissolve the aus jus with the coffee add the Worcestershire and the Bull dust. Heat over med heat 1 min remove from eat and allow to cool to room temp. Inject about every 1" and go directly to the smoker. Smoke it as you normally do. will keep 3 weeks in the fridge

Bull Dust

1/3 cup Paprika
2 tbl brown sugar
1 tsp dry mustard powder
4 tsp onion powder
2 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp Gebhardt's chili powder

Add all together. Mix well

Back