• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Guess what I'm making

aawa

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
Here are the ingredients for today's yardbird cook. Can you guess what I'm cooking up for the UFC fights tonight?

acWZT9e.jpg

I'm betting jerk as well.......but I'm usually not a good guesser

It's jerked chicken. It has been marinading overnight. I am working right now, but afterward it is go time on this!

oe9upAm.jpg

I'm using Phrasty's recipe which is below.
6 Spring Onions (escallion)
1-3 Scotch Bonnet peppers (Depending on how hot you want it.)
2 tsp Allspice berries or 1 tsp ground allspice (Pimento)
1 tbsp chopped fresh thyme or 1/2 tbsp dried thyme
2 tsp ground cinnamon
1 tsp grated nutmeg
1 tsp brown sugar
1.5 tsp salt
1 tsp freshly ground black pepper
1/4 cup cane vinegar or distilled (white) malt vinegar
1 tbsp oil

Sounds tasty...Hard to tell the difference on the peppers...They look like habanero...

Sounds tasty...Hard to tell the difference on the peppers...They look like habanero...

They are habaneros.

I am sitting at work just counting the hours down so I can get the chicken on the pit. I have been thinking about this cook all farking night and day.

They are habaneros.

I am sitting at work just counting the hours down so I can get the chicken on the pit. I have been thinking about this cook all farking night and day.

Yikes...Those puppies will thin the heard real quick...

UFC = Man sport...
aawa Jerk = Man food...

My understanding is that the Scotch Bonnet are different that the Habaneros...

Yikes...Those puppies will thin the heard real quick...

UFC = Man sport...
aawa Jerk = Man food...

My understanding is that the Scotch Bonnet are different that the Habaneros...

Unfortnately the grocery stores here don't carry scotch bonnets, so I went with the next best thing. I used 3 habaneros and then tasted the jerk seasoning and holy fark :jaw::jaw::jaw::jaw::jaw:

So I doubled up on everything else to cut the heat. Tasted it again and it was perfect amount of heat. :loco::loco::loco::loco:

Doing all drumsticks since they were onsale. Got them on the drum an hour ago.

FYeFTfN.jpg

Finished product before the fights start!

q3r6XNH.jpg

7H0DWBz.jpg

Had a plate before pay per view fights start.
Mo2ATWg.jpg

The marinade is fantastic but.......... they are definitely a mouth burner. The heat is definitely there, but you can taste the food. I forgot that as the marinade moisture cooks off that the spiciness will intensify. I think I will go with 1-2 habaneros instead of 3 next time. It was really close to being TOO spicy!

Good Job...Nice Legs...

You can leave the peppers cut in half during the marinade process and then remove them for the cook...You can get the flavor with out too much burn...

Back