MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 05-03-2013, 05:02 PM   #16
harris92
Full Fledged Farker

over the past 6 or 7 months I have been happy with Cowboy. Maybe the quallty improved??

Old 05-03-2013, 05:14 PM   #17
Churrasqueiro Bob
Full Fledged Farker

I went to a True Value a little while ago. It is a bit out of the way as there are none close to me. The Cowboy was not on sale there, even though they had it in stock. I was told they are not a participating True Value store, whatever that means. But if I bring in a flyer or web print out from the True Value site they would match the price.

Moral of the story, call first just to be safe.
Churrasqueiro Bob is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-03-2013, 05:14 PM   #18
cbpeck
Full Fledged Farker

I called my local true value and they are not participating in the promotion. Nor will they accept a site to store delivery. Not exactly the kind of service you would expect from a local, family owned shop. Then again, its their business to run as they please. I may call the true value in the town down the road and hope for better luck.

Old 05-03-2013, 05:41 PM   #19
cbpeck
Full Fledged Farker

Better yet, I stopped at Lowes who agreed to price match the promo. I "only" picked up three bags.

Thanks from:--->
Old 05-03-2013, 06:16 PM   #20
love bbq
Found some matches.

I stopped at Lowes also. They matched the price and took off an additional 10% which came out to $8.09 a bag..........
love bbq is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-03-2013, 06:31 PM   #21
cbpeck
Full Fledged Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by love bbq View Post
I stopped at Lowes also. They matched the price and took off an additional 10% which came out to $8.09 a bag..........
Nice! I thought about asking for that, but didn't want to sound greedy. Lol

Old 05-03-2013, 08:04 PM   #22
Churrasqueiro Bob
Full Fledged Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by love bbq View Post
Did you bring a print out of the web price or a Tru Value flyer? I hadn't thought of price matching it at Lowes.

Old 05-03-2013, 08:07 PM   #23
savageford
is one Smokin' Farker

So many lump deals and so little time to cook!! I wish the price of beef would drop like the price of lump these days.
savageford is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-03-2013, 08:12 PM   #24
love bbq
Found some matches.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Churrasqueiro Bob View Post
Did you bring a print out of the web price or a Tru Value flyer? I hadn't thought of price matching it at Lowes.
I just showed them the ad on my phone and that was good enough for them
love bbq is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-03-2013, 10:48 PM   #25
cbpeck
Full Fledged Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Churrasqueiro Bob View Post
I did the same thing "love BBQ" did; load the true value listing & sale price on my phone and show it to the lead cashier.

Old 05-03-2013, 11:13 PM   #26
SA_Scorpio
Knows what a fatty is.

I'm heading to Lowes tomorrow!
SA_Scorpio is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-04-2013, 02:00 PM   #27
Tsevg9
On the road to being a farker

Just bought 3 20lb bags from Lowes. The HD near me only had 8.8lb bags at $7.99... 20lbs for 8.99, can't beat that. I've had good luck with CowBoy so far. Thanks for the find!!!

Old 05-04-2013, 04:57 PM   #28
charrederhead
Babbling Farker

Name/Nickname : Pete

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterChrister View Post
Bump to top, this sale is on but ONLY RUNS THRU 5/12 or until they run out, no rainchecks. If you haven't tried the new and improved cowboy, you're missing out. This stuff ain't bad even at regular price and this is ahelluva deal. It's time for you cheapskate Kingsford Bluebaggers to make the leap to lump. Stock up farkers! I bought a half skid yesterday and am going back tomorrow!
Lol.

I stated a month ago that I was transitioning from KBB to lump, and man, this is a GREAT time to do it w/ the price of lump dropping all around me.

There's Mali's (from near Buffalo) for $10.99/20#, but only 1 pallet at 1 nearby store; there's that older, semi-beat Wicked Good for $10/22# at the Ocean State Job Lot chain, and now this Cowboy, which is listed on all the stores' websites around me but I can't confirm if it's in stock until tomorrow.

I've never bought Cowboy, but have used two bags of it that came w/ used grills I bought, and both bags seemed okay to me.

Good lump for <$.50/#....bye bye KBB.

Btw, I'm LOVING the reduction of ash by using lump. That alone is worth the higher price to me.

Old 05-04-2013, 07:44 PM   #29
Churrasqueiro Bob
Full Fledged Farker

I went to my nearest Lowe's with a copy of the True Value ad in hand. And they had no 20lb bags of Cowboy, just the smaller ones!! So far I have made two trips, one to True Value and one to Lowe's and I have come home empty handed both times! That's about 50 miles of driving total for zilch. I would have been better off going to Ace down the street and paying full price.

Old 05-04-2013, 07:52 PM   #30
cowgirl
somebody shut me the fark up.

Name/Nickname : jeanie

Did someone say Cowboys are on sale?

http://cowgirlscountry.blogspot.com/
cowgirl is offline   Reply With Quote