THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rpf41978

Knows what a fatty is.
Hi all,
I made these ABTs earlier this week. I only got the pictures of the before product as they were pretty much gone before I could take any after pictures.
I mixed cream cheese with some of my rub and about a half cup of chopped yellow onion. I wrapped these in bacon, sprinkled a little more rub and tossed on the pit for about an hour and fifteen minutes. I didn't add a sauce at the end this time, but the raspberry chipotle sauces seem rather tasty.
I'm thinking next time I want to add some tomatoes (or Rotel) and some sweet corn to the mix.
Any recommendations on additional ingredients that work well with these?

Thanks!

Attachments

• ABT2.jpg
    ABT2.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 261
  • ABT1.jpg
    ABT1.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 261
Ground sausage added to the mix (I usually use 70% shredded sharp cheddar to 30% cream cheese). Not a fan of all cream cheese abt's.

Looks good. Thank you for sharing.

I crumble up cooked Italian Sausage with my cream cheese and green onion to stuff into my ABTs. Love the flavor. :clap2:

That sounds awesome. I'm making some to take to some friends' house tonight, I think I'll add your suggestion. Thanks!

Yup I also do 1 pound Jimmy Dean sausage mixed (cooked and still warm) with 1 block of cream cheese a little parm cheese too an stuff away.

my favorite way to make them is with some sweet jelly mixed with the cream cheese. (not very much. I also precook the bacon a little bit and put a sliver of a little smoky in the boat as well.

Back