More chicken practice pics

Bigmista

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
I think I'm getting closer. What do you think?

SDC11130.jpg

SDC11129.jpg

SDC11135.jpg

Neil,

All peices look great and very appetizing.

To pick the "best" is tough, but:

Top Row--Second from left.
Bottom Row--1-2-3 from the left.
Best overall is 3 from left on bottom row.

All of this may just be lighting and camera angle.
The bottom row (1-3) are symetrical, neat, nice color, and basically show a high level of ability by the cook.

I do not see any that should suffer much (if any) on appearance.

Great Job

TIM

No box yet. I can make a putting green. I'm working making fantastic meat to put in the box.

Neil,

All peices look great and very appetizing.

To pick the "best" is tough, but:

Top Row--Second from left.
Bottom Row--1-2-3 from the left.
Best overall is 3 from left on bottom row.

All of this may just be lighting and camera angle.
The bottom row (1-3) are symetrical, neat, nice color, and basically show a high level of ability by the cook.

I do not see any that should suffer much (if any) on appearance.

Great Job

TIM
Thanx Tim!

If I can get them all to look like that number 3 then I might have a shot in Gilbert, AZ.

top picture top row number three is a good looker. some of pieces look like too much variety in dark color and light color on same piece. may be the photo but i think it would cost you points to have that much variety. good luck in gilbert keith
ps the bite through looks great

Last edited:
Just remember to try to keep them as close to the same size and shape. I usually do around 18 thighs and pick from that.

Great looking chicken!

I agree with Tim's appraisal. Which leads me to a question.... Is it better to keep the bone tucked and trim lightly on the ends vs. squaring off the ends nicely and exposing a small amount of bone?

Great looking chicken!

I agree with Tim's appraisal. Which leads me to a question.... Is it better to keep the bone tucked and trim lightly on the ends vs. squaring off the ends nicely and exposing a small amount of bone?

That is an interesting question. Comments?

That is an interesting question. Comments?

Sometimes with shrinkage it can be difficult to hide the bone :shock: (that's what she said)...but seriously, I always try a get the meat and skin over the bone as I prefer a thigh that shows very little or none of the bone. I think it makes for a cleaner, neater presentation.

Just my $.02...but what do I know, I haven't gotten any calls in chicken. Either way, I really like the color and finish on yours...your definitely on your way!

I try to keep the bone hidden also :becky: Sometimes it is difficult with shrinkage, but when you put them in the box try arrange it to where it reveals minimally. After they score appearance it doesn't matter.

Looks very nice. If I were going to tweak I would go for a little more color and a little less shine.

These look good to me.

Had to wipe the smudge off the computer screen from trying to reach in and grab one.

Keep up the good work and thanks for being willing to share your efforts with us.

I think they look really good, the shine may have been enhanced by the camera flash? And the piece with the bite taken out----awsome bite through! Nice work.

Back