Pizza on my Battle Box

scm1226

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
So it's Friday well it's Good Friday and none of us in the family like fish. So during lent we usually order pizza. That is until my 4 year old says ,"can't we make it ourselves?" CHALLENGE ACCEPTED!!
So I decide to make pizza on my battle box. BEST GRILLED PIZZA TO DATE. Here are some of the pictures.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 348
Here is another. To crisp crust, probably didn't need it but still came out great.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 346
I bought a pizza stone but have not yet made pizza in my beast yet. It is on my list of things to make..

Thanks for sharing "SCM1226"

Well, I don't have any pics - but we had pizza yesterday too. My two grown-up kids (23yo son and 21yo daugher) came over and did all the prep - then I cooked the pizzas on the Lang. My wife did a good job training those two to cook - it all tasted great!

I love cooking pizzas on the smoker - just load up the firebox and let it rip! No trying to control the temps; the hotter the better. :grin:

I've never done pizza on my battle box. Did you throw wood on and smoke it? How long and what temp did you cook?

Thanks for sharing, looks great.

I've never done pizza on my battle box. Did you throw wood on and smoke it? How long and what temp did you cook?

Thanks for sharing, looks great.

I removed the water pan and the heat deflector. Put some lump in with a half chimney lit. Open the vents wide open and let her go. She got up to about 425 in no time. Put the stone on for about 20 minutes. Put the pizza on and kept watch after a few minutes. When it looked perfect moved it off the pizza stone a put on a direct rack lower to crisp up the bottom. Didn't really need to do that but it work red out anyway.
Good luck!! It truly was awesome. Next time I am going to make some with meat.
Took about 10 minutes or so.

I removed the water pan and the heat deflector. Put some lump in with a half chimney lit. Open the vents wide open and let her go. She got up to about 425 in no time. Put the stone on for about 20 minutes. Put the pizza on and kept watch after a few minutes. When it looked perfect moved it off the pizza stone a put on a direct rack lower to crisp up the bottom. Didn't really need to do that but it work red out anyway.
Good luck!! It truly was awesome. Next time I am going to make some with meat.
Took about 10 minutes or so.

Nice. Thanks for sharing!

Back