• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

My Yoder Smokers YS1500 has arrived! (Very picture heavy)

Thanks for the thread. I am using a 1320 now and have a 1500 on order. They cook great. I put a piece of foil on the bottom to make clean up easier. On my 1320 I did notice also that the set temp was higher than the actual grate temp. Great test. Smoke flavor is outstanding compared to my FEC.

I keep ratcheting the price up on the YS1500 I have on order. I asked Tom to add the stainless lower grates to my order. If I keep changing my order, I may never get the darn thing. :)

Husker,

Do you still feel that the smoke flavor is closer to a stick burner than a pellet pit? Patiently waiting for more PrOn. :grin:

I do have some more pics I will post later. I am still very, VERY happy with this cooker, and my wife is sick of me saying it, I'm sure. I don't miss the cookers I sold one bit, except for the YS640, but this fills that need.

The smoke flavor is outstanding using Lumberjack or BBQr's Delight pellets. I used Cookin' Pellets Perfect Mix last night and I'm using Cookin' Pellets 100% Hickory right now, and tried them based on numerous feedback that these pellets are the best. So far I'm greatly disappointed with their performance. The smell is lacking, the smoke flavor was a little lacking with Perfect Mix with wings and jerky, and they burn faster than LJ or BBQD. So based on my experience, those two are the best pellets I have used. I will have better feedback about the smoke flavor of the 100% Hickory when the cook is over, but they don't smell like the actual wood like Lumberjack's do, these just smell like a pellet.

And I'm not the one resurfacing it! But I will continue to contribute while there is still demand. :thumb:

Less talk, more pics. Here is some more food. I apologize about the finished rib pictures, it was dark outside so I had to take them inside, and the inside of my house is where photography goes to die.

Loin back ribs. Left, SM Sweet and Spicy & SM Cherry, Middle, BB Butt Rub, Right, S&P.

I figure this cooker could hold 10 racks of BB on the bottom rack, and 7 on top, so just your average MBN rib cook. :wink:

Burgers for me and the kids.

Beef Jerky. I took all of the pieces off at the same time. First time I’ve ever been able to do that.

That should hold some of you over for a little while. :becky: Every cook is great food!

Thanks for the interest. I’m still in love with it and how it cooks. It’s been worth every penny!

BTW, if the pictures reach the point where they don't show up, it's because they have been viewed so many times I have about reached my photobucket monthly bandwidth limit. It will reset in three days, so they should reappear on the 25th if I reach my limit.

My wife was telling me the other day that she wanted to get rid of the gasser that I use once every 6 months and replace it with something smaller that doesn't take up much space. Of course, I was trying my hardest to come up with an excuse to justify replacing the gasser with one of these bad boys.

My wife was telling me the other day that she wanted to get rid of the gasser that I use once every 6 months and replace it with something smaller that doesn't take up much space. Of course, I was trying my hardest to come up with an excuse to justify replacing the gasser with one of these bad boys.
I moved my gasser two years ago and haven't missed it one bit, neither has my wife.

Sell the gasser, get the Yoder! :biggrin1: :thumb: Just tell her it looks smaller in the pictures. Once it arrives home, it's too late to change. Once you have food off of it, she won't care one bit if it was the size of a simi. :heh:

Interesting how you can post up REAL information that REAL people want to see, without fear of retribution, censorship and accusations...unlike you-know-who, on you-know-what. Keep up the great flow of information, it is appreciated.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Interesting how you can post up REAL information that REAL people want to see, without fear of retribution, censorship and accusations...unlike you-know-who, on you-know-what. Keep up the great flow of information, it is appreciated.

It's amazing, huh? :wacko:

You need to post some pics of your sweet cooker too, Herb.

Less talk, more pics. Here is some more food. I apologize about the finished rib pictures, it was dark outside so I had to take them inside, and the inside of my house is where photography goes to die.

Loin back ribs. Left, SM Sweet and Spicy & SM Cherry, Middle, BB Butt Rub, Right, S&P.

I figure this cooker could hold 10 racks of BB on the bottom rack, and 7 on top, so just your average MBN rib cook. :wink:

Beef Jerky. I took all of the pieces off at the same time. First time I’ve ever been able to do that.

That should hold some of you over for a little while. :becky: Every cook is great food!

Thanks for the interest. I’m still in love with it and how it cooks. It’s been worth every penny!

Looking good, thanks for the great pics. It makes waiting for my YS1500 even more difficult!

Respect the "mystery rules" pal or hit the road. If you don't follow them then no biscuits for you, not even the burnt ones! :butt:

:rofl:

I moved my gasser two years ago and haven't missed it one bit, neither has my wife.

Sell the gasser, get the Yoder! :biggrin1: :thumb: Just tell her it looks smaller in the pictures. Once it arrives home, it's too late to change. Once you have food off of it, she won't care one bit if it was the size of a simi. :heh:

Unrotunately, the $200 I'd be able to get for the gasser probably wouldn't even cover shipping.

Husker, I just found your post and read it from start to finish. Thanks for taking the time to document this fine rig so thoroughly! Great food and pic's!

Respect the "mystery rules" pal or hit the road. If you don't follow them then no biscuits for you, not even the burnt ones! :butt:

:rofl:

Right now, a lot of people are scratching their head :confused:, a few others are laughing in understanding. I hope the Brethren appreciate how good we have it here. I know I do.

Back