First time Fish Tacos!

uchinadon

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
Decided to make some fish tacos for the 1st time! Went ahead and made some guacamole, homemade salsa, and tortilla chips to make it complete. For the fish I used Tilapia and just threw some salt and pepper on em! The guac I used to avocados, 1 onion, 1 tomato, salt and pepper. I couldn't get the salsa where I wanted it exactly because no where on the island of Okinawa including all the bases does not sell Jalapenos! :doh: So I threw garlic, 3 tomatoes, 2 onions on the grill. Added some cilantro, salt and pepper, lime juice (too much for me), and some japanese pepper seeds for an attempt at some spicieness. Luckily the salsa turned out great...for the wife's liking. I'll have to experiment more to make some better salsa next time around. The guac was amazing! Overall it was a great meal! Here is the Pr0N!! Enjoy!
20121202_123713.jpg

20121202_175308.jpg

20121202_175616.jpg

Waiting for the fish to get done I took a picture of the view from the balcony!
20121202_180337.jpg

20121202_181327.jpg

The spread!
20121202_181557.jpg

20121202_181604.jpg

The wife also made a couple of Margaritas to top it off!

Looks great Donnie! I cant believe that you couldnt get any jalapenos anywhere! Check out pepperjoe dot com and buy some jalapeno seeds and plant one. Once it starts producing fruit you can have at least a half dozen a week if you treat it right!

We do fish tacos all the time. Actually, more like fish burritos. Fish, of course. For veggies we use sliced raw cabbage (you want it to look like toothpicks, not sawdust), pico de gallo and refried beans (optional at assembly). Sometimes tomato slices, although generally only when they're in season 'cuz I'm not a big fan of supermarket tomatoes even if I have to use those for the pico de gallo. For white sauce we mix sour cream and yogurt 50/50. We just use grated cheddar, although you can use any grated cheese you want. You can get fancy with guacamole or sliced olives but we rarely do. I generally give mine a slurp of green hot sauce. Yum!

Armor, i can't believe you haven't had fish tacos before, they are awesome! Those tacos look pretty good. Living near the mexican border I've had my share of fish tacos! On a whim we used to cross the border just to have tacos, it was great! Wish I was down there now!

I have done Fish Tacos just a couple times. They just never sounded very appealing, got to say, they were great! They just do not taste fishy at all.

Yours came out looking excellent, nice cook!

Back