Chicken box

HOG WILD BBQ

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
Here is our chicken box from our last competition. 21st place out of 49 teams. We had to much white showing in the box. This was a blind judging fba event. No garnish allowed

Last edited:
It's hard to see anything in that small of a pic, but it looks like the sizes & shapes are all uneven. From what I can see, the color is splotchy (is that a word?) and the sauce looks uneven. Again ..... with this pic it's hard to see.

It's hard to see anything in that small of a pic, but it looks like the sizes & shapes are all uneven. From what I can see, the color is splotchy (is that a word?) and the sauce looks uneven. Again ..... with this pic it's hard to see.
the pic is small. i took with my phone. i wish it was bigger. you are right , the pieces are uneven. i wish i could find some chicken that was the same size

We raise our chickens ourselves and keep them in small boxes so that their size is restricted to the exact same measurements. Ok, perhaps not. But, when I competed in FBA & KCBS competitions we'd trim them to as close to the same size as possible. However, looking at that box (I'm more accustomed to judging boxes without garnish), the appearance doesn't look too bad (small pic though). What were your appearance scores? Honestly, appearance is weighted so low that it's not the reason you were in the middle of the pack. Oh, FYI, you definitely do NOT have too much white showing. What you have there is normal.

Looks like 9 Sauced Mcnuggets.

You won't buy chicken the same size, you need to shape them yourself. :thumb:

Back