• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

I have to be honest

vhram

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
I am so impressed with this website . When I joined I thought I knew my Q. I've BBQ'd so many cows, pigs and fowl in the last 11 years that I figured I'd fit right in . What I have learned is how much I didnt know. I really enjoy Sitting and minding the smoke machine with a cold one in hand with friends and family. Im really impressed by the skill and passion alot of you guys put into this.

Ya there is a ton to learn here that is for sure.
I am so impressed with this website . When I joined I thought I knew my Q. I've BBQ'd so many cows, pigs and fowl in the last 11 years that I figured I'd fit right in . What I have learned is how much I didnt know. I really enjoy Sitting and minding the smoke machine with a cold one in hand with friends and family. Im really impressed by the skill and passion alot of you guys put into this.

I'm with ya man! I thought I had it perfected and now learning great things.

Now will that guy above me quit flashing that OU? :p

126199818.jpg

Last edited:
I'm with you too. I went from a gas grill to winning nine awards in competitions. Most from what was learned here.

Ain't it cool!!! I learn constantly from the brothers and sisters on here. Yes, this is the best forum...bar none! Oh, give the credit to Pooh, all the great moderators, and just good unshelfish members on here. Love this forum!

I thought I knew a thing or 3 about outdoor cooking since I'd been doing it for years, then I came hear and discovered I didn't know very much at all. This place has made a serious difference in my cooking - thanks to all y'all:thumb:

Why do ya'll keep puttin up pictures of a Longhorn?Beef ain't BBQ!:heh::tape: oops!:wink:

I too thought I knew something about BBQ, my family and friends all said my Q was the best. Then I found this place found out I had a lot to learn. Now my family and friends are smiling even more when they eat my Q. I know there is still a lot more for me to learn, but I'm having a great time practicing and eating stuff I didn't even know I could cook. This place is unbelievable in how they all share their knowledge, and truly want you too make GREAT BBQ.

I agree with all the above. If you can't find the answer here, you are not trying hard enough.

My dad used to say, "Learn something and teach something every day." It's a 'win, win' approach to life that I've tried to follow. This is the perfect forum for that, as it relates to BBQ. So much knowledge here, and so many great people to share with.

What has surprised me most since I've been trolling these forums is the depth of culinary knowledge and expertise outside the BBQ realm as well. Folks here are passionate not just about the smoke but food in general. I'm still in the learning phase myself, but I can't wait to start contributing more. Thanks all!

Back