MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Catering, Food Handling and Awareness > Catering, Vending and Cooking For The Masses.

Notices

Catering, Vending and Cooking For The Masses. this forum is OnTopic. A resource to help with catering, vending and just cooking for large parties. Topics to include Getting Started, Ethics, Marketing, Catering resources, Formulas and recipes for cooking for large groups.

Old 11-03-2012, 09:34 AM   #1
Cooknhogz
On the road to being a farker

Default Lang cookers n Catering in Pa?

Been cooking for the masses (on the side) in Pa. for some time now and sold my Old faithfull cooker about a month ago. I have a couple of local bars that want me to BBQ for them all summer long and need a bigger cooker. I have been looking at a Lang 84 with stainless steel racks because I love stick burners. The question I have is, can a Lang cooker/smoker be used for catering in Pa? Before I shell out over 5k I want to make sure. I see local bars all the time using homemade cookers so, I thought yes, but still want to be 100% sure. I was going to ask the dept. of health but thought I'd ask here first. Thanks
Cooknhogz is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-04-2012, 04:36 AM   #2
HolySmoke
is one Smokin' Farker

Name/Nickname : Jobaba-Que

check with your local health department, here in ny our Lang is not approved and must be NSF certified.... Good Luck, nothing like food out of a lang!!!
JC'S BAR-B-QUE & CATERING
http://www.jcbbq.com
LANG 84-Deluxe warmer, Webber Kettle
18WSM & 22.5WSM, Smokey Joe, Meadow Creek PR60,
Meadow Creek PR72, Backwoods Fatboy (2x)
HolySmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 04:50 AM   #3
Cooknhogz

Thanks HolySmoke for the reply. That Lang 84 sure looks like a sweet lookin rig. My other cooker would only hold around 225 lbs. of pork but and that was pushing it. I need one that will hold at least 300 lbs. at a time. Plus, the double doors (one on each side) has to be great.
Old 11-04-2012, 04:55 AM   #4
Cooknhogz

I've also been debating on to get it with the warmer or not. For the extra money will it really get used that much?
Old 11-04-2012, 05:06 AM   #5
HolySmoke
is one Smokin' Farker

YES!! we use it all the time, it was the best addition. The only down side is you can't put water in the pan cause it will leak thru damper in rear, but we add 1/2 pans of water inside if we cook at higher temps for Prime rib roasts and so forth.. We got ours in 2005 and still love it, we use it at all competitions as well.
Old 11-04-2012, 05:11 AM   #6
HolySmoke
is one Smokin' Farker

We just wish we added the charcoal grill in front, we are ordering one and mounting it ourselves. We use the large charcoal grills with us on site as well and sometimes it would be nice to have a all in one cooking machine with less things to move in and out of trailers.