Pecan Lodge (Dallas) Moving

sliding_billy

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
http://sidedish.dmagazine.com/2013/...ing-from-dallas-farmers-market-to-deep-ellum/

I for one will probably never go to PC again. The two things that the market had going for it were parking (free and available) and an inside wait in line. Parking in Deep Ellum is a disaster, and unless you are into a hipster bar scene you will be totally out of your element there. Maybe PC will figure out how to run itself like a restaurant, and I will be inclined to go back. The brisket and beef ribs are good, but now that more places have figured out that DFW can support serious BBQ joints, the PC novelty is wearing off for me. Hutchins, Slow Bone, 3 Stacks, North Main and Lockhart are all doing 1st class Q, and none of them are a waste of half of my day (especially with Lockhart opening in Plano next month). The 2nd tier is getting better too (Hard 8, Smokey's, Meshack's, Kenny's and Mike Anderson's). Add the drive to Tyler for Stanley's into the options, and I am just about out of reasons to go to Pecan Lodge.

I feel like I just read this same exact thing on Yelp, heh. This is the first I've heard about Lockhart opening up in Plano, and that excites me greatly.

Why type something new when you can just cut and paste what you typed somewhere else? :wink: Palo Alto on here? Dallas on Yelp? I'm guessing I know you on Yelp Dallas.

It's very encouraging to see more options around Dallas. When I lived in Dallas in '68-'70 Sonny Bryan's on Inwood was still very good. Dallas BBQ took a real nose dive until fairly recently.

Back