Idea for gear heads

What can I say, that is about the coolest thing I've seen in a long time!

That would need to be a Chevy motor, so when it smokes everything is normal!!

Hey hey!! :cool:

I like it that is wicked cool. Thought someone had one of our old stock car engines lol. But I like this much better.

That's pretty cool. Even the tank was painted! haha

I need that.
It looks "legit" though, but certainly it's not, it would be way too heavy.

I think it is legit - do you see the heavy duty stand?
Might be 200 pounds w/o the crank, rods, pistons, etc.
Pretty cool.

I need that.
It looks "legit" though, but certainly it's not, it would be way too heavy.

Although It's not mine, I have experience with car engine work.The stand it's on is fully capable of not only holding but rotating an intact complete engine.Sure it's going to be very heavy to roll around and wont roll very well on anythin but a hard surface.But once all that cast iron heats up it will retain it for a long time like a kamado.Not to mention the super cool factor.

Although It's not mine, I have experience with car engine work.The stand it's on is fully capable of not only holding but rotating an intact complete engine.Sure it's going to be very heavy to roll around and wont roll very well on anything but a hard surface.But once all that cast iron heats up it will retain it for a long time like a kamado.Not to mention the super cool factor.
Ok right....I guess I didn't word my reply well enough since I've been called out twice on my comment. I've been in the auto repair industry for 25 years, held an ASE Master Tech Certification, and have installed more engines than I can count bla..bla..bla...
So I know what small block Chevy parts weigh. The fact the guy lifted two cast iron cylinder heads, an intake manifold, distributor, and Carb with a single hand by a lever that wasn't angled to provide him any leverage at all, and didn't seem to be straining much, leads me to believe what we're seeing have never been "real" engine parts. There was no sign of a counter weight either. The block and the way it was hollowed out would have taken a ridiculous amount of time with a plasma torch to cut through to have created the open expanse of cooking area. There's no sign of any cylinder walls at all.

Yes, it's badazz, I give him that. I didn't mean for my comment to degrade the cool factor of the item at all. I was simply wondering if he took an entire American V8 engine and created this, or fabbed it from raw materials.

Disappointed by the video.

I was hoping to see a V-8 rotisserie :p

Back