Who Else Loves Flat Iron Steak?

ssv3

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
Flat iron has be right here with tri tip for me. So much so that I opt out of a ribeye sometimes at a steak house in favor of a flat iron. Done right it's another amazing cut of beef.

It had been a while so I picked on up

5scMfghh.jpg

Usually a light trim required but I didn't touch a thing on this one

hKSgIQuh.jpg

Some Brussel sprouts

2oPm2J2h.jpg

On the redhead with the SnS with a few Loot N Boody Gold Star chicken thighs as well :thumb:

brBzQ8Nh.jpg

Reverse seared with Carne Crosta

fiFSstHh.jpg

Oh yeah babe!

9K8X8EEh.jpg

Gots to have some greens personally

6iSpAlzh.jpg

:clap2::clap2:

E1N4QT3h.jpg

Chicken was a homerun as well

yXNZjqgh.jpg

Thanks for looking!

Flat iron is one of my favorite cuts.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

One of the better steak choices, for sure. Great looking cook. I would even eat the salad.:thumb:

They used to be $5.99 a pound at Kroger all the time, but lately prices have been creeping up. I like that it’s almost 100% usable meat. You may trim some connective tissue on one side but that’s it.

I cook them on the hottest grill I can find for a couple of minutes per side and slice them thin on the bias as shown above. Best steak tacos ever!!!

They used to be $5.99 a pound at Kroger all the time, but lately prices have been creeping up. I like that it’s almost 100% usable meat. You may trim some connective tissue on one side but that’s it.

I cook them on the hottest grill I can find for a couple of minutes per side and slice them thin on the bias as shown above. Best steak tacos ever!!!

Absolutely! Versatile cut for sure.

Yup! Price was $7.99 or 8.99/lb iirc at a Ralphs (our Krogers out here).

Beautifully cooked Sako, that is a fine looking plate.

I am with the crowd, flat iron steak is just some good eatin'. Yours looks downright tasty. Very nice!!

Another flat iron steak fan, after tres major it's my favorite cut from the chuck primal.

Looks great Sako- I love the flat iron. Interesting way to cut it, never seen that before but it looks awesome. :clap2:

Better then tri tip in my opinion

A month ago Kroger had then at 2.99 a pound.

was a great time to load up the freezer.

Looks great Neighbor!

Almost always have one or more in the freezer. Super easy to cook and sliced against the grain is very tender. Cooked one the other night with just SPOGOS

Back