MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk > BBQ Brethren Throwdowns

Notices

BBQ Brethren Throwdowns Join us in the backyard for a fun bi-weekly photo contest and show off your BBQ creations! New categories are posted every other week, plus a special monthly category. Winners earn bragging rights, a Throwdown Certificate, prizes, and the chance to choose the next category. Some of our most talked about cooking techniques and recipes were given birth in the Throwdowns!

Old 04-29-2010, 10:33 PM   #1
bigabyte
somebody shut me the fark up.

Arrow BBQ Brethren "Fried" Throwdown

Posting early because I couldn't wait any longer to announce this one!

Our new category is...

"Fried!"

Photo from Smoke In Da Eye's Blog.

...as chosen by BobBrisket, the winner of the Burger Throwdown!

Rule #2 is being SUSPENDED for this Throwdown!
That's right folks, the food you fry does not HAVE to be grilled or smoked. However, I wouldn't be surprised if entries that utilized grilling/smoking in some way got an extra vote or two out there. Then again, I could be wrong and a plate of fried chicken cooked in an electric skillet could win this one!

Here are the rules for this week...

1. The dish must feature an item that matches the featured category.
2. ***SUSPENDED FOR THIS CATEGORY ONLY***
3. Submitted dishes must be cooked sometime between Friday 4/30 through Sunday 5/9.
4. All pics (any number) must be submitted by Midnight Central Time on Sunday 5/9.
5. Only one picture from one dish will be used for voting, so please specify which one you want used, otherwise I will choose and my decision will be final.
6. You are allowed to touch up your photos for clarity, or to add the dish/item to a more interesting background if you like.
7. By posting your photos, you are granting consent for your photo to be reused for other BBQ Brethren related postings or materials.
8. Any joke photos, or photos of past creations you wish to show off must have a disclaimer stating that the photo is not intended to be included in the Vote thread.
9. If you have any problems with any of the entries, believing them not to be qualified for any reason, DO NOT COMPLAIN TO ME! Instead, please use the ***VOTE*** thread and exercise your power of voting against those entries. Any complaints posted in any Throwdown thread, or directed to me via any other means will be ignored.
10. If I find an entry to have violated these simple rules, I reserve the right to disqualify that entry.
11. As at any neighborhood block party, the kids are present and part of the festivities, so please keep your posts family friendly.

By submitting entry photos to this Throwdown thread you are agreeing that you have read and understand the above Throwdown Rules!

The voting will begin Monday 5/10 after I submit the "Vote" thread and will run through Friday 5/14. All votes will be public.

Don't forget, you can still enter the Mini Fowl Throwdown until Sunday night 5/2 by midnight Central time.

Our next category will be decided by the winner of the XL Throwdown!

Best of luck and even better eats to all!
Certified MOINK Baller & IMBAS Certified MOINK Ball Judge #0003 - Are you MOINK Certified?
Sole recipient of the Silverfinger and fingerlickin Awards!

Don't forget about the Throwdown Thingies!
The Secret Squirrel Society doesn't exist - Zero Club

Duh.
bigabyte is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-29-2010, 10:38 PM   #2
BobBrisket

Name/Nickname : Bob

Let's git it ONNN!!!!! I can hear ya'lls arteries clogging and screaming for mercy from here!!!
PBC-Courtesy of Poobah, 22.5 Weber Kettles-A, K, DR Stamped, 18.5 Weber Bar-B-Kettle Black and Red, Weber 18.5 Smokey Joe Platinum, Weber Genesis Silver, Lil' Chief Smoker, Discada Set Up,OKJ Highland Offset.
BobBrisket Jr.-MUDS, WSJ Silver
My BEST Compliment....."You're a good cooker, Dad!"--My Son :)
Miss You, Marty and Bull! RIP
BobBrisket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 10:42 PM   #3
bigabyte

Bob asked me if I could award extra points for using Lard, but since it's all up to the voters in the end, I had to tell him there is no way I can do that. But the idea is now out there!
Certified MOINK Baller & IMBAS Certified MOINK Ball Judge #0003 - Are you MOINK Certified?

Duh.
Old 04-30-2010, 07:10 AM   #4
SmokinAussie

Location: Gold Coast, Queensland! (Finally Escaped Melbourne)
Name/Nickname : Bill

Fried? Maybe I'll BBQ the bun....
SmokinAussie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 07:42 AM   #5
BigButzBBQ
is One Chatty Farker

I think it would be easily possible to include rule 2 with this, I know I plan to.
Can't wait to feel the stomach pains from this one.

12" Charbroil, SJS, WGA:becky:, 22.5 OTG:thumb:, mUDS:drama:, 2 UDS:cool: w/AML Wood Art Custom Handles, 2 pull behind rigs The Beast :twisted:, & the new White Shadow :hail: :twisted:

Inventor of[B]:[/B][COLOR=black] [URL="http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showpost.php?p=1273411&postcount=1"][B]3BGB![/B][/URL][B] , [/B][URL="http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showpost.php?p=1284334&postcount=1"][B]Shigen![/B][/URL][B] , & [/B][URL="http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showpost.php?p=1387858&postcount=1"][B]Bacone Scotch Egg Sundae![/B][/URL][/COLOR]
:hail:Avatar by Zydecopaws:hail:
[B][URL="http://BigButzBBQSauce.net"]Big Butz BBQ Products [/URL][/B]
BigButzBBQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 07:51 AM   #6
deguerre

Look out gall bladder!
[/B][/FONT]"...In nature, there are predators. I believe the common denominator of the universe is not harmony, but chaos, hostility and murder..." Werner Herzog
deguerre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 08:58 AM   #7
deguerre

If my brain is fried, does that count?
[/B][/FONT]"...In nature, there are predators. I believe the common denominator of the universe is not harmony, but chaos, hostility and murder..." Werner Herzog
Old 04-30-2010, 09:01 AM   #8
BigButzBBQ
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by deguerre View Post
If my brain is fried, does that count?
Nope, it's been that way for a long time. Has to be done during the throw down.

12" Charbroil, SJS, WGA:becky:, 22.5 OTG:thumb:, mUDS:drama:, 2 UDS:cool: w/AML Wood Art Custom Handles, 2 pull behind rigs The Beast :twisted:, & the new White Shadow :hail: :twisted:

Inventor of[B]:[/B][COLOR=black] [URL="http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showpost.php?p=1273411&postcount=1"][B]3BGB![/B][/URL][B] , [/B][URL="http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showpost.php?p=1284334&postcount=1"][B]Shigen![/B][/URL][B] , & [/B][URL="http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showpost.php?p=1387858&postcount=1"][B]Bacone Scotch Egg Sundae![/B][/URL][/COLOR]
Thanks from: --->
Old 04-30-2010, 09:25 AM   #9
Ron_L

Name/Nickname : Captain Ron

This could be fun! In a way it's a good thing that Rule 2 is being deleted for this one. My first thought when i read the thread title was "I wonder how many grease fire pictures we'll see".

Naked Fatties Rock!

PKGo X 2/PK360/Weber Q1000/Blackstone Camping Griddle/Pit Boss Pro Series 850
Ron_L is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 11:05 AM   #10
Big_T_BBQ
Full Fledged Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron_L View Post
This could be fun! In a way it's a good thing that Rule 2 is being deleted for this one. My first thought when i read the thread title was "I wonder how many grease fire pictures we'll see".
That's a good point.

This one is on like Donkey Kong
Big_T_BBQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 12:06 PM   #11
bigabyte

I keep coming up with more and more devilish ideas! Someone call the cardiologist!

Duh.
Old 04-30-2010, 02:21 PM   #12
landarc

I wonder if I can pull off a smoked and fried tonkatsu.

Yelonutz: me either, but, then again, I don't drink any less
[/SIZE][/COLOR][/COLOR][SIZE=1][COLOR=DarkRed]
[COLOR=Pink]SSS[/COLOR]
[/COLOR][/SIZE]
landarc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 02:41 PM   #13
deguerre

Quote:
Originally Posted by landarc View Post
I did smoked then fried pork chops a few weeks back so I say go for it!
Old 04-30-2010, 02:45 PM   #14
BigButzBBQ
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by landarc View Post
I say go for it. I bet you could, might have to do a really low temp smoke though. Unless it's after DF then

Old 04-30-2010, 03:44 PM   #15
BobBrisket

Name/Nickname : Bob

Tonkatsu is also popular as a sandwich filling (katsu sando) or served on Japanese curry (katsu karē). It is sometimes served with egg on a big bowl of rice as katsudon—an informal one-bowl lunchtime dish.

I copied this from Wiki. You could make the sammich version, then batter the whole sammich and and then deep fry that and create a Monte Cristo Katsu Sando! Just saying........

Bob
PBC-Courtesy of Poobah, 22.5 Weber Kettles-A, K, DR Stamped, 18.5 Weber Bar-B-Kettle Black and Red, Weber 18.5 Smokey Joe Platinum, Weber Genesis Silver, Lil' Chief Smoker, Discada Set Up,OKJ Highland Offset.
BobBrisket Jr.-MUDS, WSJ Silver
My BEST Compliment....."You're a good cooker, Dad!"--My Son :)
Miss You, Marty and Bull! RIP
BobBrisket is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
Fried, Fried Moink Ball, Fried Throwdown, Lard, Throwdown, Throwdown Entry Thread