Homemade Pesto w/ Roadside Chicken & Pasta and a bunch of other good stuff!

Moose

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
One of our favorite dishes is homemade pesto with pasta, sun dried tomatoes, asparagus & mushrooms. Last night I decided to kick it up a notch and add some fresh roadside chicken. The chicken took about 45 mins on the drum, and it got the perfect crispy skin goodness I was looking for:

IMG_4856.jpg

IMG_4854.jpg

After we sauteed the veggies, we added sliced roadside chicken:

IMG_4860.jpg

Then added the pesto:

IMG_4864.jpg

Added a touch of red pepper flakes to help accentuate the flavors, but not add any noticeable heat:

IMG_4868.jpg

Instead of the usual penne, we tried these noodles:

IMG_4859.jpg

When the noodles were cooked, we added them to the pesto & veggies:

IMG_4869.jpg

Then tossed so everything was coated with the pesto goodness:

IMG_4871.jpg

Then served:

IMG_4874.jpg

It was quite tasty, and the noodles were a nice change.

Moose you did 1 of our favs, but I haven't done it with roadside yet. I was thinking the the other day I need to make some pesto as I've picked several maters. :clap2::thumb:

Big George go to the bottom of screen and put in the search for roadside chicken. There are several posts on that subject. If make roadside chicken I don't think you will be unhappy with it, roadside is way good chicken.

Now that's kicking it up a notch - from an already high place! :clap2:

I did Roadside Chicken take 2 this weekend and got a lot closer to where I want it - but still not as good as yours - I'm still thinkin' about that stuff! :thumb:

For the other folks reading this thread - I've eaten Moose's roadside chicken and it's kinda hard to describe how good it is - by far some of the best chicken I've had. You wanna talk about someone nailing the skin (along with everything else) - look no further - this is a farker who can cook right here!

Back