Kimchi on top of pulled pork! It could happen soon.

Ashmont

Babbling Farker
First this idea was given to me by a friend and then ran it by my Korean friend. She said why not coleslaw can be sweet. The Kimchi will be the sour side that people like. Hey they like sour candy don't they? So going to the Korean market today and pick up some Kimchi. We will see what happens and oh I love Kimchi! Any thoughts?

There are a couple of Korean Fusion places near me that mix Kimchi with other types of foods and it is great. The place nearest me is Korean-Mexican Fusion. So they have items like short-rib tacos with Kimchi on them. Spicy and very tasty! They also have pulled pork sliders with Kimchi.

One of the most outrageous things they do is an entire bacon-cheeseburger that is made as normal, then dipped in tempura batter, rolled in panco breadcrumbs, and then deep fried. It's a sight to be seen for sure.

It will work great Ash, there are different kinds of kim chee and you will need to find out what works for you. I love fermented kim chee on pulled pork tacos and sandwiches. There are many ways you could take the elements of Panchan with pulled pork and make it work. One of my favorite dishes though, is kim chee and crispy pork belly on rice, sooo good.

Can't go wrong with the Kimchi!!
I like it on roast beef sandwiches, gonna try it with pulled pork now :-D

kimchi is great with a lot of things. but there are a lot of kimchi brands, etc to choose from so it might take a bit to find what you like.

Farking brilliant. Why didn't I think of that:doh: I was just staring at a jar in my cupboard the other day, wondering of a new way to enjoy it. Unfortunately, I am fresh out of pulled pork right now:tsk:

kim chi / kimchee No matter how you/they spell it, it's good stuff.

Mother in law is Korean and I love me some Korean food. Eat till it hurts. She even showed me how she makes it. Ain't too difficult.

I guess I am the 1%er here cause I eat my kimchi with only rice, or plain as a side with my meal. Not to say that putting it on pulled beef would be bad, but one thing I might be able to add is since kimchi has a bold flavor it might be better suited to go with pulled beef instead of pulled pork. But hey, who knows. Maybe I need to try it myself!

I eat Kimchi, I eat pulled pork, I don't think I can mentally get over mixing them on a bun, usually just a nekked side for me. For some reason in a taco sounds OK. Isn't it weird the way people are conditioned by what they think is NORMAL?

Ding Ding Ding!!! Idear here!!!:idea::idea::idea::idea: Duh :doh: On Bratwurst OMG I cant believe I have never done that! Thanks peoples...............

Chuck Hughes did kimchi on pork in a recent "Chuck's Day Off" episode. He was cooking for a Korean couple that owned a sandwich shop down the street. Sounds like a good idea!

I made this for a throwdown. Korean inspired pulled pork with Korean BBQ Sauce and Kimchi Fried Rice. More info is in this thread http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=114783&page=2

I thought it was great but it gave me a big goose egg in the throwdown :sad:. I guess maybe it tasted better than it looked.

1783051_Oldyote.jpg

Ding Ding Ding!!! Idear here!!!:idea::idea::idea::idea: Duh :doh: On Bratwurst OMG I cant believe I have never done that! Thanks peoples...............
Done that too, didn't have any sauerkraut, liked it a lot!!!

Back