MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 07-10-2013, 05:25 AM   #61
Titch
somebody shut me the fark up.

Name/Nickname : Titch :-)

That looks amazing, looks a bit like a Mars Rover

Old 07-10-2013, 06:35 AM   #62
stephan
is one Smokin' Farker

Thats a piece of art, very nice
stephan is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-10-2013, 07:25 AM   #63
SmokerKing
is Blowin Smoke!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgiaboy98 View Post
One of the coolest I've seen! I bet that SOB is heavy you'll need a forklift to move it!
Thanks!

Actually, it's a bit lighter than the others I've built. The others have had a steel, cart like frame under them.

The huge swivel casters on this one make it very easy to roll and spin around. May have to find some way to lock it in place it rolls so good.
SmokerKing is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-10-2013, 07:29 AM   #64
SmokerKing
is Blowin Smoke!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FromthePitBBQ View Post
SmokerKing - Well done!!

Possibly change your handle to UDSSMokerKing - because, as stated earlier by PMAD, you are an artist.

I really like your diffuser, and I've seen it multiple times before. I wouldn't mind ordering one, but can't seem to get the website? Could you help me out with that? Have you tried the pizza pan method with holes drilled in it? I like how yours would gradually let the heat escape.

Thanks!
Never used a pizza pan or a clay pot, so I can't comment on them.

I designed and tested this one to vent the heat to the outer areas of the drum since there is such a heat variance from the side to the center. I don't have a website but I've sold a few through PM's and Paypal.

Thanks from:--->
Old 07-10-2013, 09:13 AM   #65
polishdon
Full Fledged Farker

Awesome work!!

Old 07-14-2013, 11:34 AM   #66
ironbrew
Knows what a fatty is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokerKing View Post
http://turnerbiodiesel.com/8_gallon_55_gallon_drum_cone

It does need modification. The cone top sits directly on top of the rim of the drum.

At the bottom of the cone, you need to spot weld a 1/4" rod around the perimeter. Once that's welded, a 1" x 1/8" flat bar needs spot welded to the rod to capture the lip of the drum.
Thanks

BTW, love the Fairbanks emblem... Nice addition. Makes me think I have to start hunting for an old lister or marshal or... emblem.

Maybe BSA. Yup, that's it. BSA.
ironbrew is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-15-2013, 08:06 AM   #67
SmokerKing
is Blowin Smoke!

Finally! Got 6 BB's on the Steapunk BUFORD, ran well, tastes good!

Old 07-15-2013, 08:21 AM   #68
slammmed
Full Fledged Farker

looks great!
slammmed is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-15-2013, 08:54 AM   #69
Pyle's BBQ
Babbling Farker

That is a great looking smoker. One question, why do you have the ball valves and the door with the vents? It seems redundant.

Yoder YS640; Good-One "Trail Boss" 60T; Weber Kettle rotisserie ring; Big A$$ Rotisserie; New Braunfels offset smoker; Weber Smokey Mountain; Backyard Bombers BBQ HJM

Μολν λαβέ
Pyle's BBQ is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-15-2013, 08:57 AM   #70
SmokerKing
is Blowin Smoke!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyle's BBQ View Post
That is a great looking smoker. One question, why do you have the ball valves and the door with the vents? It seems redundant.
The cast iron boiler door is non functional, it's just bolted to the firebox door

Old 07-15-2013, 09:01 AM   #71
Pyle's BBQ
Babbling Farker

Do you think the boiler door could have worked as the vents? I was wondering if there would be enough control with the holes being so large.

Yoder YS640; Good-One "Trail Boss" 60T; Weber Kettle rotisserie ring; Big A$$ Rotisserie; New Braunfels offset smoker; Weber Smokey Mountain; Backyard Bombers BBQ HJM

Μολν λαβέ
Pyle's BBQ is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-15-2013, 09:05 AM   #72
SmokerKing
is Blowin Smoke!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyle's BBQ View Post
Do you think the boiler door could have worked as the vents? I was wondering if there would be enough control with the holes being so large.
I seriously considered drilling holes behind the boiler door slots into the steel door to make it functional. But, the boiler door slide doesn't fit real tight to the backside of the boiler door. In short, no, too much of a chance for air to pass through the vents, even when closed. Plus, I would have had to silicone the perimeter of the boiler door where it meets the steel door.

If you look closely at picture #3 above, I have the firebox door opened a bit. I do that when I first start the the cook to get the drum temp up quicker, to aid the side valves. Then I shut it for the rest of the cook.