MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 03-07-2014, 08:11 AM   #1
104timberwolf
Full Fledged Farker

Default Anyone Tried Bolner's Fiesta Brisket Rub?

Saw a jar at our local Academy Sports. Its received good reviews on Amazon but wanted to check with the brethren before I commit.

Thanks!
104timberwolf is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-07-2014, 08:18 AM   #2
AlwaysSmokey
is One Chatty Farker

I have. It was a long time ago. (S+P man now) but I think it was alright. No complaints.

Old 03-07-2014, 09:43 AM   #3
Bludawg
somebody shut me the fark up.

It's pretty good I used to use it regular a 6 or 7 yrs ago I normally just go with S&P anymore

Thanks from:--->
Old 03-07-2014, 09:48 AM   #4
104timberwolf
Full Fledged Farker

Probably a dumb question, but I'm not familiar with S&P.

Salt and Pepper! Doh!
104timberwolf is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-07-2014, 09:53 AM   #5
hcj3rd
On the road to being a farker

Salt and Pepper

Old 03-07-2014, 02:10 PM   #6
Texas Turtle
Take a breath!

I use Fiesta rubs for pork ribs, chicken, and butt most of the time. They are reasonably priced around here and convenient. I used their brisket rub a couple of times and decided to go back to salt & pepper. Nothing wrong with the rub, I just like the s&p results. I put Fiesta chicken rub on our Thanksgiving turkey this year and everyone raved about the flavor.

Old 03-07-2014, 04:10 PM   #7
pjtexas1
somebody shut me the fark up.

Name/Nickname : Texas Pete

When I used it years ago I always liked it better mixed with their fajita seasoning, paprika, onion powder. If I remember correctly it also wasn't very spicy so I added something for a little heat. I used it as a base rub.
SF 24x36 Midnight Edition / Mak 1-Star /Abe's 48" Insulated Cabinet / 22.5 OTG / 28" BS / Jimmy with CB Roti and pizza kit / Red Box on custom cart / Char-Griller Kettle / Barrel House Cooker / Pit Boss Copperhead / Char-Griller Akorn Jr

pjtexas1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-07-2014, 04:56 PM   #8
rexster314
is one Smokin' Farker

Just about anything made by Bolner's is good. Pinto bean seasoning, fajita seasoning. I put a full container of brisket rub in a pan and smoked it in my Bradley smoker for extra flavoring.
rexster314 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-07-2014, 05:14 PM   #9
biged419
Got rid of the matchlight.

Hey, I'm a newbe but here in South Texas, Fiesta spices are all over the place. They are pretty decent but I much prefer to just mix my own. For store bought stuff, it's not bad, not bad at all.
biged419 is offline   Reply With Quote