MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 09-18-2019, 07:15 PM   #1
Jason TQ
somebody shut me the fark up.

Default Anyone Want a Discounted Hunsaker Smoker Around Atlanta?? (Need to Know by Thursday)

I feel like I post sporadically around here these days so here is a random idea................

Mark Hunsaker is shipping 12 smokers to Atlanta for a tv show and after that show someone is going to buy all 12. I might be that person

Gist is of the 12 smoker some could be used once or some not at all. Won't know until the winning bid pics them up after filming (we know nothing about the show). Bidding ends tomorrow (Thurs 9/19) at midnight.

I'm currently in the bidding and might not end up getting them if someone outbids me, but I'm trying to get a realistic picture of how many I can turn around and sell to people I know. This isn't for profit. It is to get people discounted Hunsakers.

So the million dollar question: Is anyone here interested in a possibly used once or possibly new Hunsaker for $600?? Atlanta pick up only. I have too much going on to ship smokers .

I have about 4 people right now that have 100% guaranteed they want one. Of all the other people I've mentioned this to most have said "maybe" which means "no". If I can get to 8 guaranteed I'll buy them and bid to get them for at max of $600 a smoker.

Questions?? Tire kickers need not apply here. Just trying to help anyone around ATL get a discounted Hunsaker .

Last edited by Jason TQ; 09-18-2019 at 07:43 PM..
Jason TQ is offline   Reply With Quote

1 members found this post helpful.

Old 09-18-2019, 07:31 PM   #2
drunkenmeatfist
is One Chatty Farker

Name/Nickname : Sammy

If you are in the area I would suggest getting in on this. A new or barely used Hunsaker for $600 or less is a helluva deal.
drunkenmeatfist is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->
Old 09-18-2019, 09:08 PM   #3
Jason TQ

I'm pretty close to getting them. Let me know if anyone wants one

Old 09-18-2019, 09:26 PM   #4
sudsandswine
Quintessential Chatty Farker

I'd be all over that if I were anywhere remotely close to GA

Old 09-18-2019, 09:46 PM   #5
Stlsportster
Babbling Farker

Name/Nickname : Parental Assigned Label

Would you deliver to Roswell? I got a sister there who’s been buggin me to visit :)
Stlsportster is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-18-2019, 09:53 PM   #6
Springram
is One Chatty Farker

Great deal. I love my Hunsaker. if you are even half way considering a drum smoker...get it.
Weber 22.5 Master Touch
Hunsaker drum
Weber Smokey Joe
Blackstone griddle
PK Grill (original)
Springram is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-18-2019, 10:04 PM   #7
Jason TQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stlsportster View Post
Would you deliver to Roswell? I got a sister there who’s been buggin me to visit :)
I......um..... should of clarified who is on my "do not sell to" list .

That ain't far from where I am, so possibly

Old 09-18-2019, 10:20 PM   #8
Stlsportster
Babbling Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason TQ View Post
I......um..... should of clarified who is on my "do not sell to" list .

That ain't far from where I am, so possibly
Still paddling that canoe I see

Put me as a maybe. If you get them for dirt a$$ cheap or get stuck needing one more guy to make the deal then pm me.

Good news is the wife is out of town as a chaperone at 6th grade camp. No signal and as such is unreachable for her advice.

Old 09-19-2019, 05:42 AM   #9
wmarkw
Full Fledged Farker

Jason or other Hunsaker owners can you comment on the flavor and aroma of these drums when cooking? I have built and used plenty of UDS but i have never had a difuser and i do like the fat on the coals pit flavor. But now it seems all the newer UDS/Drums have some sort of heat difuser, tuning plates, heat shields that kind turn these drums into an oven. When the fat/juice drips on the vortex does it put out a burning meat smell? Do you still get that "pit" flavor? I know when my water pan runs dry on my 270s and if i dont refill i get a meat burning smell as the grease hits the pan and sizzles; and its not good. I also noticed some Drums users in comps will put a pan on the shelf below to catch the drippings so it doesnt hit the vortex. Also I'm more of a 250-270 temp guy and not a H&F; any issues dialing these in to hold those temps or do they bounce around? Sorry to ramble. this is a great deal so it got me thinking again about buying a drum. Thanks!!

Old 09-19-2019, 05:54 AM   #10
sudsandswine
Quintessential Chatty Farker

Theyll hold temp wherever you want, the temp control is very precise and responsive. I havent cooked on a drum that isnt a Hunsaker but there is definitely meat on coals aroma/flavor. That Vortex plate isnt really a diffuser per se, it unsurprisingly gets very hot and the way the fins are designed, a fair amount of meat juices still make it into the coals, particularly on big meats. The design is well thought out, from the intake, the rack systems, lid hinge, etc. Mark is constantly innovating and making new accessories that make their cookers even more versatile.

Old 09-19-2019, 06:37 AM   #11
Stlsportster
Babbling Farker

Plus, he’s a top notch dude. Mark and his son Ryan brought a brand new drum up to the StL Bash last year so we could all see one up close!

Old 09-19-2019, 06:44 AM   #12
PatAttack

How about $300 and some fishing lessons?!?!

22" WSM
22" Weber Gold
Weber Smoky Joe
Weber Gasser
Rec-Tec 590
PatAttack is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-19-2019, 06:58 AM   #13
Jason TQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stlsportster View Post
Still paddling that canoe I see

Put me as a maybe. If you get them for dirt a$$ cheap or get stuck needing one more guy to make the deal then pm me.

Good news is the wife is out of town as a chaperone at 6th grade camp. No signal and as such is unreachable for her advice.
Lol. I will keep you posted.

Old 09-19-2019, 06:59 AM   #14
Jason TQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatAttack View Post
How about $300 and some fishing lessons?!?!
I feel you would be on the losing end of that bargain knowing how "well" I learn things .

Old 09-19-2019, 07:02 AM   #15
cpw
Babbling Farker

Name/Nickname : Chad

Screw it. Mark me down for one.
Yoder YS640
Savannah, GA
[URL="http://www.facebook.com/yesdearbbq"]Yes, Dear BBQ on Facebook[/URL]
Proudly sponsored by Royal Oak Charcoal and [URL="https://www.atlantabbqstore.com/"]The Atlanta BBQ store[/URL]
cpw is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from: --->