Question on ribs by the case from Sam's

Teamfour

is One Chatty Farker
Reaction score
I know that a case of ribs is around 65 lbs. Has anyone tried to buy a total of 65 lbs of ribs out of the cooler (not in a box/case) and still get the case price?

I usually feel fine with paying the extra 10cents a lb to sort. sometimes there isnt even a price difference. Especially when a case of briskets can have a 18 and a 10 in the same case. Im a little more picky than some though I guess. If I was a resturaunt, Id probably care more about price

Take a look at my post about Sam's Ribs. The Smithfield's are truly sorry. Now if you can get a case of IBT or Prairie Farms then I would do that.
I usually purchase a case at a time and that is the best deal. The ribs and butts for that matter.

The reason I asked is that my Sam's today had IBC baby backs for $2.99/lb. But the case price was $1.98/lb! :shock: I quickly asked for a case but they were out (understandably).

Talk to the meat guy and he will make a case for you. I have done it many times and got the case price. I've even been allowed to paw through the cases and pick and choose and they will weight and price them as long as you take the equivilant of a case.

Just get to know the butcher and he will work with you. Treat him like you would want to be treated and it will go a long way.

Here, Here On Picking Individual Packs

Last time I got bulk ribs, I swear some of the pigs had rickets! The rib bones looked like boomerangs. Impossible to cut. I check each pack for bone straitness now.

Last time I got bulk ribs, I swear some of the pigs had rickets! The rib bones looked like boomerangs. Impossible to cut. I check each pack for bone straitness now.

from what I've been told that is one of the effects of confined hog operations(cafo)

Back