Vortex Wings For Texas Independence Day

JacksBBQ

Take a breath!
Since today was Texas Independence Day, I decided to drink some Lone Star and grill some wings. The weather has been miserable most of the day but I didn't let that slow me down. Didn't really do anything fancy for the wings. They are just some party wings from Costco I soaked about half the day in Frank's Buffalo Sauce. Grilled them on the Weber with the Vortex for about an hour or so. Topped them off with some homemade buttermilk Ranch for dipping. Happy Texas Independence Day yall!

DfLyO6sl.jpg

ejRzHKJl.jpg

ZSkKvSAl.jpg

8KSI0jbl.jpg

Wings look great....curious as to what "miserable" weather is down in Texas though :thumb: cuz it does appear you are drinking beer outside and grilling so I am a bit jealous.

Wings look great....curious as to what "miserable" weather is down in Texas though :thumb:

In the 40s and misting all day. The temperature was actually really nice but the misting rain we've had has been really gross. Had it been sunny instead today it would've been a really nice day. The miserable part really just meant I had to move the grill up under the edge of my patio.

*insert knife, twist* :becky:

We have a winter storm bearing down on us and itll be single digits for the high over the next dew days. Yay Misery.

Those look awesome!!! Is that a 22 or 26” kettle and how many lbs of wings were cooked. Looks like you were able to squeeze quite a few into a single circle around the Vortex.

Those look awesome!!! Is that a 22 or 26” kettle and how many lbs of wings were cooked. Looks like you were able to squeeze quite a few into a single circle around the Vortex.

It’s just a 22. That’s about the max I can fit on there which is 3 packs of those party wings from Costco that come in packs of six.

Back