• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Copperhead 5 New Casters & Beef Ribs/Wings Cooking

Jason TQ

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
Finally upgraded the casters for fun on my CH5. Rolls so much better and the old plastic ones were already wearing down even with as little as I move it. Home depot 5in ones. 2 holes lined up and drilled 2 to match the other bolts that come with it
i9Rtrbil.jpg

YgriKzRl.jpg

Injected beef ribs last night for a change of beef rib pace and put on around 10am
P42qD7al.jpg

1Lvv1gml.jpg

8mNmUXVl.jpg

TjDEIxjl.jpg

p8tMieEl.jpg

Wings been airing out since Thurs night
FGAVv2Bl.jpg

Haven't done wings yet on this so interested to see how they turn out

Last edited:
How much were the wheels? I finally assembled the Copperhead 5 and the stock caster wheels do suck. Good idea on the upgrade!

Nice/simple upgrade!

Super interested to see how the wings turn out? They’ve been air drying... now what? Whatcha gonna season with, how ya gonna cook them and at what temp? Very curious to see how the skin turns out :)

How much were the wheels? I finally assembled the Copperhead 5 and the stock caster wheels do suck. Good idea on the upgrade!
They were $11 each. Amazon might have them for a little less

Nice/simple upgrade!

Super interested to see how the wings turn out? They’ve been air drying... now what? Whatcha gonna season with, how ya gonna cook them and at what temp? Very curious to see how the skin turns out :)
A little seasoning then run it 400 for like an hour. That's how I do it on my egg and they come out nice and crispy

A little seasoning then run it 400 for like an hour. That's how I do it on my egg and they come out nice and crispy

Can’t wait to see how they turn out! Does the Copperhead have no issue hitting and maintaining 400°?

Soooo...casters cost more than the pooper?!??:laugh:

Oh ya baby!!! We'll technically 40% of the price.....but yes :becky:. It's like buying a sh!tty car and throwing some crazy wheels on it :twitch:. But I probably just quadrupled the value of this thing right??.........right?....................right...........??..........

Oh ya baby!!! We'll technically 40% of the price.....but yes :becky:. It's like buying a sh!tty car and throwing some crazy wheels on it :twitch:. But I probably just quadrupled the value of this thing right??.........right?....................right...........??..........

"Value" is in the eye of the beholder. Does it make your life easier moving it around? Value recognized.

"Value" is in the eye of the beholder. Does it make your life easier moving it around? Value recognized.

Mine was kind of a tongue in cheek comment since I got that dang thing so cheap :caked:. So now I have a whopping $160 in the smoker :becky:.

But it is so much easier to move. Even on concrete those tiny wheels don't rotate great and the time I took it to a competition moving it through soft ground was just awful.

Jason's copper-top equivalent??

donk-car-11.jpg

:laugh::laugh::laugh::thumb:

I sure shouldn't have read this thread. Now I KNOW I need new casters on mine. I also should probably thaw out the two pack of full slab beef ribs I have in the chest freezer.

I moved mine for the first time today and it was a pain to get across grass. Hopefully i never have to move it again except on concrete. I have those wheels on my big insulated cabinet and they have worked flawlessly for 5 years. Maybe their one size up? Appreciate you test fitting those for us.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Back