capri man

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
i know, i know i got to much on it but what the heck!!:p

Attachments

• 2008_0328firstcook0004.JPG
    2008_0328firstcook0004.JPG
    95.2 KB · Views: 166
You can never have too much.:) Looks like it's coming along well, how longs she been cooking?

You can never have too much.:) Looks like it's coming along well, how longs she been cooking?

Dr, that pic was taken when i put it on. it has been about 2 hours now. maybe i need to take another pic. do i need to turn it about now??

Got the temps dialed in yet? Remember Drums run hotter and cook faster. If you are only usind a dial 4" gauge on side it will be 30-50 deg. hotter in center.

yea i kinda noticed that!!!:lol: my guage is staying at about 210. i just closed the top vent some. here is a pic at about 2 hours before and after turning. i think the wings are ready to go!!:biggrin:

Attachments

• 2008_0328firstcook0009.JPG
    2008_0328firstcook0009.JPG
    104.9 KB · Views: 149
  • 2008_0328firstcook0011.JPG
    2008_0328firstcook0011.JPG
    84.1 KB · Views: 150
Wings are done so pull em and start the feast!
I have never turned anything on the drum except the first time out but actually just lifted it to see if it was burning.

That all looks good. Yeah my side temps will read 210* 220* and grate temps in center 250* to 260*. You are gonna love the drummy :lol:

Looks fine!.....Did you leave the membrain on the ribs?

OK I admit I haven't read a lot on the UDS since I haven't tried to make me one yet. So I just read the part about the Weber lid. And if these fit the drums I have lost out on making some money. these college kids around here buy a lot of webers, I can't count how many I have seen set out to get trashed when it's time to go home again. Some still like new, I guess I need to start grabing these things. If for nothing else, for you guys.
Forgive me for not knowing.

That does look tasty.:-D I'll take about half dozen of them wings.:-D Just to tide me over til the ribs are done.:wink:

Grab those lids and grills man!!! Grills for fire baskets and lids to ship to those in need. A used Weber lid is like gold dust over here.

i just checked the butt and that thing was at 160 after 2 1/2 hours!!!! aint that a little to fast?? anyway i just wrapped it and the ribs and closed 2 bottom vents and the top vent to try to cool her down a little. i think maybe i should not have used the whole 12 lbs of kingsford. i just started the middle of it but it looks like all of it is burning pretty hot now!!!:confused:

Move the butt to the side of the drum and try not to keep the lid open too long or it will spike, with that much fuel I would imagine it would be tough to bring back down quickly. When I spiked i shut everything down including the exhaust and waited ten minuets or so.

Are you using an accurate probe in that butt?

Move the butt to the side of the drum and try not to keep the lid open too long or it will spike, with that much fuel I would imagine it would be tough to bring back down quickly. When I spiked i shut everything down including the exhaust and waited ten minuets or so.

Are you using an accurate probe in that butt?

i am not really sure dr. next time i open the lid i will try it with 2 probes.:-D

Back