Updated pics of build for fellow brethren By TQ and Tyler

Holy smoke I had no idea how much work that is! Was already impressed but re-working a new (to me) pit I recently picked up reinforces just how incredible your talent really is! You make it look easy, a feat in itself. :clap: :rockon:

well here it is hope to season it in the morning

Added gaskets to this one

LOVE those Miller welders! I used to have a Miller Legend mounted on my service truck.I really do miss those days.

Thanks for all the kind comments, I can't wait to get up in the morning and fire it up, The gentleman is driving a long way to get it and I want to have it ready to use for him. Heck I told him today I'll be darned if I am not going to build one very similar for myself. I love it!!!! but I built it too.

Hoss that miller is a 300 amp pipeline pro and it is awesome. It has a caterpillar diesel engine. My other truck has a Lincoln pipeliner 200 on it that I used for years in the industry. But...... I love that miller and we just added a miller 251 to our shop. We are fortunate because I can spit from my bedroom to our shop it aint nothing fancy but it is paid for and we have very good equipment in it. That allows us to offer products at a very fair price with quality being #1 on our list. It is just me and Tyler and his little brother Ross is starting to get into the groove too. He is turning 16 soon and is learning the working in of a grinder and is actually welding some to just not cooker ready yet. But he sure can weld them spears on ornamental work. Thanks everyone for looking and commenting!!!!!!!!

Well we fired up the cooker this morning it took 40 minutes to get up to 250 degrees and I took it to 400 no problem. It shows if everything is sized right you should never have a problem with coming up to temp. I know I saw recent post with people having problems. First of all you should never buy a new cooker and immediately have to start working on it, if you do red flags should start popping up all over the place. This is going to be an awesome cooker I do believe

here are a few pics

No problem with draft

the cooker was running real close from end to end, I know it had no meat on it but with small moves on the intake and exhaust I could easily change temps which I like.
It is up to the pitmaster to learn the pit and aint going to be hard!!!!!!!

Great looking craftmanship! The builds you have posted have always looked amazing.

Back