CL Score!

aawa

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
Like some of us, I browse CL for different grills and such. I was actually looking for a weber kettle that I could buy on the cheap to part out for my UDS build. I happened along a Weber OTG for $15! I am not sure if I will part this one out just yet but I can use the grate and the lid for my UDS whenever I do smoke in it.

Some surface rust on the triangle shelf below.
uwZ6II3.jpg

It's a 2006 OTG!
mJ0FoAv.jpg

It has freckles!
qQP4gqD.jpg

Going to clean the kettle up some and get the grate cleaned and seasoned. Going to try to use some paint thinner to get the freckles off. It appears as if the owner did some spray painting close to the kettle and it got all over the lid.

This brings my grill/smoker family up to 2 Weber OTGs, 2 Weber Mini WSM's, and a soon to be UDS.

Great deal on the Weber! Looks like you almost have a full compliment of cookers.

Great score! I got the same year OTG for $15 off CL yesterday also :crazy:..... Maybe try some fine steel wool on that lid for the paint?

15$ :shock: i payed 150€ for a new 18,5"!

Good for you well done!

I do love CL. My wife, not so much.

Nice score! As was said above some 0000 steelwool and some dawn should get those speckle off, then rinse and get her hot!

Yeah, fine sandpaper or steel wool will take that rust right off the lower triangle.

I think that is too nice to use for parts.

CD

You beat me to that one! If you decide you want to make a small profit, let me know. I have a nice weber kettle lid I can throw in for you!

save the otg f don't part that out. great score

I decided against parting it out. I am going to use the grate and the lid for my UDS once it is built until I can find a junker kettle to part out.

I cleaned it out (i didnt get the freckles removed yet though) and spatchcocked a chicken.

I rubbed the yardburn down with a rub of paprika, thyme, granulated onion and garlic powder, chili powder, lawry season salt, and pepper. And threw some sprigs of fresh rosemary under the skin and threw some red oak onto it.
dO7PQ8c.jpg

Pulled it once it got to 160 and let it rest so it came up to 165. This definitely did not suck.
BUaA4TX.jpg

Yeah, fine sandpaper or steel wool will take that rust right off the lower triangle.

I think that is too nice to use for parts.

CD

I will have to do that when I get some time to clean up the freckles probably in a couple weekends since I'm out of town next weekend.

Looks really good! ..... Keep that baby together, great cookers they are.

Back