$3.47lb Baby backs at Sam's

evilpsych

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
good price or not?? me and the fiancee were at sam's the other day... deciding if we wanted to renew my membership or not... is that a decent price.?? for comparison... (not really) whole tyson chickens were $1.09lb and $0.67lb at our local super walmart..

RE: $3.47lb Baby backs at Sam

$3.50 ain`t bad for BB. The Sam`s near me has only sold Perdue chickens since I`ve been going there for 10 or so years. Perdue chickens by the way, ar the FARKING worst chickens you could possibly waste money on. Tysons, though next on the F list, is a distant second. A buck or so a pound is about right for them at Sam`s. Gotta watch, Sam`s will have a good deal on one thing, poor on another.

Re: RE: $3.47lb Baby backs at Sam

Gotta watch, Sam`s will have a good deal on one thing, poor on another.[/quote]

True, but also true of most clubs, box stores, and discount places. The marketing stratagy is to suck you in with a good price or two, knowing most people do not comparison shop everything every time.

RE: Re: RE: $3.47lb Baby backs at Sam

That's about the same price I always pay for BB's at Sam's here, Evil. I've never ever seen them on sale, either. :(

Meat pricing appears to be very regional--for sure.

Here in the FL Panhandle, BB's are $4 + per pound.
I refuse to pay the premium when spares are $1.50-$1.90 everyday.

Chad buys them "downstate" for about the same $$ as spares, about $2 per pound or so :twisted:
He can fine tune that quote.

Go figure :lol:

I guess if ya like 'em and want 'em--"pony up" the $$ :lol: :lol:

TIM

well.. looks like i'm gonna have to make up a cheat-sheet card for the little woman when we're out shopping to only buy certain cuts of meat when they fall below a certain price... just to keep us sane..

Last time I bought bb's they were $2.97 - and the price was still good when I was at Sam's yesterday. For a LONG time they stayed up around $3.49 or so.

Pork prices are volitile and will swing a LOT during the year. I used to get pork butts for $.87 week in and week out. Now it's been over $1.00 for a while - think the last ones I bought were $1.14 or so.

I price everything out because I cater, too, and try to keep a handle on what I have to charge to make a buck or two. :D For home consumption price talks but mainly I stick to spare ribs - they, however, are up over $2.20 and have been up in that range, locally, for a while.

I have to stick with Sam's just for the pork loins. With the exception of the occasional spike I get them for around $1.90/lb. We slice them for chops, stuff them and smoke em, grind for italian sausage. Save $1/lb roughly on the chops, anywhere from .70-$1/lb. on the loins, and I insist on grinding the pork myself for sausage since I like it pretty lean for a spaghetti sauce or lasagna.

Back