event for 130

lazy butt

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
needing to know how much meat i would need for wedding. all i have to do is buy the meat and smoke it, they are providing sides. they want half pulled pork and half brisket. need to know how much of each (raw and cooked) and what should i charge. this is for 130 people. thanks

I would cook about 65# of butt and 68# of brisket (raw). This should yield 12 oz. per person. I normally use this as my protien avarage, but we are feeding Texans! As far as pricing, these are both long cook time items, will you cook on site or off site and deliver? $50.00 in wood and charcoal, $50.00 in spices and the remainder is up to you. Cooking these protiens, 8-9 butts and 6-7 briskets is probably worth $ 600-700 if you purchase the meat.

Hope that this helps.

Just meat is easy $8-9 per pound for pork and $9-11 for the brisket. Meat is not cheap anymore unless you happen to hit a good point in the market.

I would cook about 65# of butt and 68# of brisket (raw). This should yield 12 oz. per person. I normally use this as my protien avarage, but we are feeding Texans! As far as pricing, these are both long cook time items, will you cook on site or off site and deliver? $50.00 in wood and charcoal, $50.00 in spices and the remainder is up to you. Cooking these protiens, 8-9 butts and 6-7 briskets is probably worth $ 600-700 if you purchase the meat.

Hope that this helps.

I hope you meant that the customer purchased the meat.

Just meat is easy $8-9 per pound for pork and $9-11 for the brisket. Meat is not cheap anymore unless you happen to hit a good point in the market.

This comes out to about $10 p/p to buy and cook the meat.

Back