stuffed pork tenderloin

boatnut

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
Got a good recipe out of Cook's Illustrated for stuffed pork tenderloin. they had 3 different recipes for the stuffing, so I kinda just did a fusion thing.

I butterflied the tenderloin, then using a meat whacker, pounded to about 1/4- 3/8" thick. I sauteed some baby bella mushrooms and layered those onto the meat along with some chopped sun-dried tomatoes, cubed pecorino-romano cheese, minced garlic and some Kalamata olives, topped off with some baby spinach. I then rolled and tied it and then sprinkled outside with a combo of salt/pepper and brown sugar to help it brown up nice.

Cooked on the gasser on high heat side then moved to low heat. Came out pretty darn good. Served with a side of Acina de Pepe pasta with sauteed garlic, some red pepper flakes and more kalamata olives mixed in

Attachments

• stuffedporktnderloin02.jpg
    stuffedporktnderloin02.jpg
    83.4 KB · Views: 164
That looks pretty fine to me! Nice combination, had to be a way tender thing with the pounding:thumb:

Actually you can do it without a whack or hammer at all.

Take two tenderloins of almost equal size.

Trim to length.

in the middle of each tenderloin, slice almost through.

then slice each half the same way so you have from 4 to 6 cuts depending on size.

open them up well. both tenderloins. Brush with a mixture of butter and bacon grease.

Place stuffing on one half level to the cuts plus 1/4 inch above the cuts
place the 2nd tenderloin on the first.

Tie with twine. One wrap per 1.5"inches (3.25 cm)

roast 375 with an apple jelly glaze

I've had great success with these using stove top stuffing with 3/4 cup of apple sauce! Fruit stuffings work great with this. Next time I do one I'll post it, if I ever remember how to get pics up in here.

well dag gone it...what if i like pounding my meat?? :)

Looks awesome. My wife uses acine de pepe for Pastine (chicken soup ) and pasta salad. I will have to try using it as a side dish. What all did you do to it?

Looks awesome. My wife uses acine de pepe for Pastine (chicken soup ) and pasta salad. I will have to try using it as a side dish. What all did you do to it?

I just cooked 8 oz.'s of the pasta per directions on box. Meanwhile, finely chopped 2 cloves of garlic. melt 2 tablespoons butter and 1 tablespoon olive oil in fry pan. let foam subside. add garlic and 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes or to taste. Saute for 2 mins or so until golden. Throw in 1/2 cup or so of quartered Kalamata olives and then toss it with the pasta. Serve at room temp.

I just cooked 8 oz.'s of the pasta per directions on box. Meanwhile, finely chopped 2 cloves of garlic. melt 2 tablespoons butter and 1 tablespoon olive oil in fry pan. let foam subside. add garlic and 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes or to taste. Saute for 2 mins or so until golden. Throw in 1/2 cup or so of quartered Kalamata olives and then toss it with the pasta. Serve at room temp.

sounds fantastic, I will definitely try this out.

Back