MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 09-19-2019, 06:14 PM   #16
airedale
is one Smokin' Farker

Weber Performer Deluxe. Nice adjacent work surface and propane ignition for the charcoal. Very sweet. The best/latest has a metal top, with a hammertone finish. The older tops were plastic, ugly, and tend to absorb stains.

On our Craigslist, a patient buyer can get a really nice Performer for $200 +/-. Just set up automatic notifications for Performers, sit back and wait.
airedale is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-19-2019, 06:29 PM   #17
NC Mike
On the road to being a farker

Name/Nickname : Mike

22 inch Weber is my "go to" grill
Use it for regular grilling of steaks and burgers
Bought a rotisserie and use it for whole chickens and roasts
The vortex is used for wings and cutup chicken
NC Mike is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->
Old 09-19-2019, 06:35 PM   #18
Mikhail
Babbling Farker

Name/Nickname : Mik

I am partial to my PK original, but a Weber is a great choice too. You really can't go wrong with either one. Where I think the PK takes edge is that it is aluminum and will last forever. Your grandchildren will grill on it. Weber takes the lead when it comes to wings with a Vortex.

Thanks from: --->
Old 09-19-2019, 07:48 PM   #19
Smoking Piney
Quintessential Chatty Farker

Name/Nickname : John

I have a twenty year old 22" Weber Kettle that is still soldiering on. I can't count how many fantastic meals I've cooked on it.

For the money, it's the best value out there for a grill. The Weber Kettles rock!

Assassin 24
XL BGE
Weber Kettle with rotisserie and Vortex
Ooni 3 Pizza Oven
AMNPS
Smoking Piney is online now   Reply With Quote

Old 09-19-2019, 08:27 PM   #20
Stingerhook
somebody shut me the fark up.

Name/Nickname : Marty

George,
I was at walmart tonight and the had one touch for $100.00.

UDS now gone, WSM 18", WSM 22" and pellet pooper in the garage for 18 months now.
Stingerhook is online now   Reply With Quote

Old 09-19-2019, 08:37 PM   #21
West River BBQ
Full Fledged Farker

Name/Nickname : Bill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dweverett View Post
This. I just checked and there is a Walmart near me showing two of the 22” with ash catcher at $40.00

Which I don’t need Btw as I still have one in a box from a couple years ago when I got three at a $35.00 price
It's good to be prepared for every emergency.
West River BBQ is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-19-2019, 08:39 PM   #22
Springram
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by LongTong View Post
Hands down the PK for steak!
Very correct!
Weber 22.5 Master Touch
Hunsaker drum
Weber Smokey Joe
Blackstone griddle
PK Grill (original)
Springram is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-19-2019, 09:53 PM   #23
Hoss
Quintessential Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikhail View Post
I am partial to my PK original, but a Weber is a great choice too. You really can't go wrong with either one. Where I think the PK takes edge is that it is aluminum and will last forever. Your grandchildren will grill on it. Weber takes the lead when it comes to wings with a Vortex.
Until your "Brat" child (me) runs into it with his bicycle,trumps it over and it shatters.Yeah, that happened.To make it worse,it was a vintage one!!! They could have bent a Weber back into shape and kept on grilling. Damn,I miss that old PK.
Hoss is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-20-2019, 03:03 AM   #24
Demosthenes9
is Blowin Smoke!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikhail View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoking Piney View Post
I have a twenty year old 22" Weber Kettle that is still soldiering on. I can't count how many fantastic meals I've cooked on it.

For the money, it's the best value out there for a grill. The Weber Kettles rock!

I have a red '71 22" that's still kicking strong. By my math, it's 47 or so years old ? Still has the original charcoal grate.
Demosthenes9 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-20-2019, 03:06 AM   #25
Demosthenes9
is Blowin Smoke!

Quote:
Originally Posted by halfcocked View Post
I have a OKJ Highlander for smoking and a three burner stainless steel Kirkland Signature Series propane grill. I have been bitten by the bug for wanting a charcoal grill. I may have one bought on Offer Up (new in box Weber Master Touch for $150) but its beginning to look like the seller may be balking at the deal after having accepted the offer. He keeps postponing the exchange and I'm getting tired of the deal myself.
I still want a grill and would appreciate suggestions for the best one in the Weber price range. I do not intend to use it as a smoker, just for high heat searing and mostly steak grilling.

How many would you be cooking for most of the time ? And/or how often would you be cooking for more ?

Weber 26'er's are very nice, but overkill if you are only cooking proteins for 2 people. Now, if you are grilling side item type things as well, or often find yourself grilling for 6 people or more, the 26'er does come in handy.
Demosthenes9 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-20-2019, 06:55 AM   #26
halfcocked
is One Chatty Farker

Name/Nickname : George

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stingerhook View Post
George,
I was at walmart tonight and the had one touch for $100.00.
Thanks Marty. I had it in mind to check out Wally world today. George
halfcocked is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-20-2019, 10:52 AM   #27
long haired hippie
Full Fledged Farker

Name/Nickname : Erik

weber

Old 09-20-2019, 10:58 AM   #28
BBQ_MAFIA
somebody shut me the fark up.

You can't go wrong with a Weber Kettle.

Lang 60
Lang 84 Deluxe Warmer with Chargrill
Large Spicewine
Large BGE
XL - BGE
Med. BGE ( Bought it for my son Vincenzo)
Brinkman Snp
Brinkman ECB
GOSM
Weber Kettle
Kenmore Elite Gasser
Camp Chef Outdoor Stove
Blackstone Pizza Oven
Blackstone 36" Griddle
1-Banjo
BBQ_MAFIA is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-20-2019, 12:21 PM   #29
70monte
is One Chatty Farker

The Weber Kettle can't be beat for the price. I have several PK grills and prefer them but I still own several Performers and Kettles and still use them occasionally. A kettle with the Vortex is the only way I cook wings these days.

I would also suggest looking on Craigslist or Facebook Market place for used Kettles.

Old 09-20-2019, 02:27 PM   #30
halfcocked
is One Chatty Farker

Name/Nickname : George

thank you all for your input. I researched every one that I was not familiar with. The end result was/is that the Weber would suit me best.
Meantime, my Offer Up seller woke up this morning and we arranged for consummation of the deal. Went and picked it up and just put it together. This is a serious piece of business, not what I assumed it would be and is quite large enough for anything I need.
The box was unopened an looks to be as shipped or bought. I was rejoicing on having received a healthy item in all respects until I tried to fit the lid on the assembled unit. Then I noticed that there is about a 2-3 inch ding on the lip of the lid. Now I'm not so picky and would straighten it out and forget it. However, I know full well that it will start to rust in that spot and then the unit will eventually go to hell. Which brings up the next question. Have any of you dealt with Weber on replacement of damaged parts and what effect would my after market purchase have on the issue. I don't have the receipt though the box has all the information on it.
Pictures attached.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Weber box.jpg (69.4 KB, 135 views)
File Type: jpg Weber comp.jpg (76.7 KB, 135 views)
File Type: jpg Weber lip 1.jpg (55.0 KB, 135 views)
File Type: jpg weber lip.jpg (43.8 KB, 137 views)
halfcocked is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from: --->