Moocow make it take it drum class

Still strongly pondering signing up for the class. What is the closest economical hotel to where the class will be held. I will have to drive up the night before, stay the night in a hotel, attend the class and leave.

There is a econo- lodge, days inn and holiday inn express in Belton. Hope this helps!

Just an update, we have 6 who have paid and 3 others that have verbally committed. We are going to try to cap it off at 10 people so we have 1 spot open till its sold out. Thanks everybody for all of the kind things you have said and a big thanks to those of you that have signed up. There has been a lot of interest in the class and we have been getting a lot of hits on our website so looks like we will be doing another class in October sometime and possibly one mid summer. I would like to thank Plowboys, Slabs.com and Funny farm BBQ for helping out with rubs and sauce for the class and goodie bags! If anybody else wants to get some stuff in the goodie bag let me know.

OK, count me in if there is still a spot left. Let me know if there is and I will send in the money via PayPal.

Paul

The class is now sold out! For those of you that inqurired about the class but the date did not work for you we are planning another class for the fall. Please let me know if you are interested.

Great Shane, I will see you and the crew at the class. Looking forward to meeting all of you and having a good time.

The class is now sold out! For those of you that inqurired about the class but the date did not work for you we are planning another class for the fall. Please let me know if you are interested.

Aw man... I guess I should have committed earlier, because I was planning on attending the March class. Please let me know if a spot opens up. (sent you a PM too)

With the Spring class sold out we are now taking deposits for the Fall class that will be held on Saturday Sept. 17th. Thanks for all the support and as always we are looking for products to go in the goody bags for the next class, let me know if your interested.

Attachments

• uJF5mC.jpg
    uJF5mC.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 167
I wish I could go. But that is one long drive in the truck and I can't imagine how much the airlines would charge for a large drum as carry on baggage......

Had a last Minuit cancellation today so we have an open spot in the class this Saturday. I know its last second but if anybody is interested let me know! The class includes your own UDS, goodies bag( Plowboys rubs, Slabs rub, Funny Farm sauce and a hat), cooking instruction, and lunch and dinner. The cost will be $175.

Man i wish it was closer. sounds like info that could set me a year ahead of the game out here

This is a phenomenal idea Shane. Personally I'd be more interested if the plow disc thing comes to fruition, but I'll forward the info for these classes on to some buddies that I know will be intrigued. Good luck this weekend!

This is a phenomenal idea Shane. Personally I'd be more interested if the plow disc thing comes to fruition, but I'll forward the info for these classes on to some buddies that I know will be intrigued. Good luck this weekend!
The plow disc class is coming this summer! More info to follow in the next few weeks!

This is great guys!!! Especially the fact you aren't out to make a killing and you just want to pass on what you know and for others to experience the fun and passion for BBQ you have. Even tho I can't make it I really appreciate you doing such a great thing!!!!

OK - so, I've been around the block a few times on the Internet and I know that all caps are considered shouting, but . . .

THIS CLASS WAS FARKIN' AWESOME ! ! !

Oh Lordy, Lordy! I was (at best) hoping that I could somehow make it home with my first working drum smoker . . . it was that and SO MUCH MORE than that!

Spending a whole day with the ENTIRE MooCow team talking about everything they do to compete as a BBQ team - and relating it to how we can cook in our backyards . . . it was SO MUCH FUN!

And Shane, Dave, Vern and Scott all worked so hard all day long to help us all out and to make sure that every single one of our questions was answered . . . wow.

And talk about a goody bag! Full retail products of Plowboys Bovine Bold and Yardbird rub and Funny Farm BBQ sauce . . . a Smart Chicken hat (nice!) and other excellent stuff were in there!

Plenty of ideas, hints, suggestions and tips - it was a dang shigger's holiday!

OK - if this sounds like over-the-top gushing - it's NOT. It was so much better than the above - but that's the best writing I can do to tell you about it.

Thank you Shane and company - World Champions - for sharing your knowledge and experience with us!

Awesome!

P.S. The plow disc cooker was fascinating and the fajitas were delicious!

Dave_Cookin_R.jpg

(I'm even thinking of taking the class again in September -)

Well, we made it threw our first class and I think it was a big success! We had a lot of fun and I want to thank everybody who attended. I would also like Todd, Steph, and Marc for providing everybody with rubs and sauces in there goodie bags! (Plowboys, Slabs and Funny Farm)We use there stuff for competitions and they were glad to help us out. The weather was nasty and I caught some sort of bug a few days before the class and was very nervous that I was going to lose my voice and wear down being out in the cold. The rest of my team came through for me along with our good friend Scott Stanley with Wild Blue BBQ. Without them it would not have turned out so well. We got to meet lots of new people and have some memories that we will never forget. I loved watching them build there drums, they looked like a bunch of little kids on Christmas morning. I did not think it was possible but we turned out 10 drums in about an hour. Most of the guys who attended don't compete and it made me feel like we were really teaching them something, they listened and took notes all day long. I even received several emails on Sunday with pics of food in there new drum! Once again thanks to everyone and I can't wait till the fall class! Here are some pics of the first graduating class of Drum fabricators/Pit masters!

Attachments

• IMG_5238.jpg
    IMG_5238.jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 68
  • IMG_5225.jpg
    IMG_5225.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 68
  • IMG_5224.jpg
    IMG_5224.jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 68
  • IMG_5214.jpg
    IMG_5214.jpg