MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 08-22-2012, 04:21 PM   #46
smokinit
is One Chatty Farker

Wasting good Jack on some pork ass now thats a sin of coarse we are injecting ourselves :D

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Old 08-22-2012, 05:38 PM   #47
mr dirts bbq
Full Fledged Farker

good! ill bring the big SS cajun injector!
charbroil offset, custom trailer pit, 46" vermont castings gasser, 18" kettle, big poppa smokers engineered drum kit smoker than was never picked up = NEW TOY! :becky: and last but not least: a never ending 20' comp trailer project:doh:
mr dirts bbq is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-22-2012, 07:36 PM   #48
Cue's Your Daddy
is one Smokin' Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBQchef33 View Post

There should be tents and tables set up. Im also trying to get ok from va to bring our car show folks down for a few hours.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2
Is it ok if Sacco brings the gay-maro. It is a show stopper. Don't even know if that car is street legal.
KCBS Certified Judge
Custom built Smoker
Big Green Egg/2 WSM/4 Webber Kettles
Webber Gasser
Cue's Your Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-23-2012, 11:24 PM   #49
Frank Sacco
is One Chatty Farker

You're so queer Paul... I know your jealous of my hott ride. You can be my wingman, we'll cruise DPA for the ladies.
Sponsors: Oakridge BBQ, Frontier Charcoal
NEBS MAFIA
Blazin' Buttz BBQ www.blazinbuttzbbq.com
Frank Sacco is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-24-2012, 09:21 AM   #50
Westexbbq
somebody shut me the fark up.

Nice blurb in today's Newsday, fyi.

Suffolk Police Veterans Association to honor vets

Thursday August 23, 2012 11:26 AM By Deborah S. Morris
Rain or shine, the Suffolk Police Veterans Association invites Long Island veterans and their families to a southern-style barbecue on Saturday.
From 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. at the Northport VA Medical Center’s Vietnam Veterans Memorial Garden Courtyard, attendees will be able to enjoy ribs, brisket, chicken, pulled pork, hamburgers, and all the fixings at no charge.
The event is to thank former service members for their courage, service, and commitment to the country, organizers said.
MORE: newsday.com/northport | Sign up for community newsletters
TWITTER: @dsvmorris | @LI_Now
There will be music and activities for children.
The Northport VA Medical Center is located at 79 Middleville Rd. in Northport.
For more information, call 631-261-4400, ext. 2991.
Texas International Pop Festival, Labor Day 1969.
IMBAS Certified.
Just roll me up and smoke me when I die.
Always remember, no matter where ya go,
there you are.
I wanna tell you 'bout Texas radio and the big beat.
Someday, I hope to visit Penelope.
Hondo Crouch, Famous Late Mayor of Lunkenbach, Texas who advocated a 'dillo diet: "You can eat nothing but armadillos for a month, but you will have to run down and catch all the armadillos you eat and it can really take the weight off!"

Westexbbq is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->
Old 08-24-2012, 05:58 PM   #51
Cue's Your Daddy
is one Smokin' Farker

Saccos lost... send out the patrol. Marine needs a compass
KCBS Certified Judge
Custom built Smoker
Big Green Egg/2 WSM/4 Webber Kettles
Webber Gasser
Cue's Your Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-25-2012, 06:39 PM   #52
MikeR
is One Chatty Farker

Great weather, great people, and a great reason to come together! Here are some pics from the cook-

GRIM REAPER SMOKERS [B]-[/B] [I]"BBQ To Die For"[FONT=verdana, arial]™ [/FONT][/I]Under the [B]"LENIENT"[/B] direction of Pit Master Tim.

22.5 OTG, 18.5 OTS, 18.5 WSM, Chargriller Duo with optional side fire box.
[COLOR=red]"Founders Club" Operation BBQ Relief.[/COLOR]
MikeR is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-25-2012, 06:47 PM   #53
MikeR
is One Chatty Farker

And a few more-

GRIM REAPER SMOKERS [B]-[/B] [I]"BBQ To Die For"[FONT=verdana, arial]™ [/FONT][/I]Under the [B]"LENIENT"[/B] direction of Pit Master Tim.

Old 08-25-2012, 06:48 PM   #54
BBQchef33
Grand Poobah and Site Admin

Name/Nickname : Phil

By far the most rewarding, and most fun Ive had at an event in years. The veterans came to us to thank us, when in fact, we were there to thank them for their service. Alot of fun, lot of laughs and for a great cause.

On a personal note, I really have to thank those folks who showed up to help, it was great team work, flowed unbelievably smooth, and we were able to fed over 500 folks when we were told 300 and planned for 400. This was an awesome goup to work and hang out with and i look ofrwad to the next chance we have like this.. better than any contest i have ever attended.......

thanks to westex, all the purple pork masters, cues your daddy, sacco and bobs, Joey(Mister Dirt), and grim reapers... for a great start to a weekend and all the laughs...

All went great.. not a glitch.. even though I had to tuck kevin in at night under a fast Eddy blanket and sacco, tried to spoon a t night in the trailer.. after his demolition job on Mr Dirtsts pit,...... and just when we thought he was giving up, he tried to finish it off by incinerating it. Nice job sacco!

CBJ with a Fuzzy Blue Hat, 18 Foot Competition Trailer, Customized Klose BYC, Custom Built Shirley built to feed our Veterans(A.K.A "Abrams"), 1 Double Barreled Lang 84, 1 Heavily Modified Bionic Bandera, 1 Custom Super Medium Stickburning Spicewine w/stoker, 2 XL BGE, 1 Mini BGE, 2 Pit Barrel Cookers, 3 WSMs, 3 Weber Kettles, an NB Hondo, A Modified Brinkman Horizontal, DCS 48" Grill, a Broilmaster P3, a Blackstone 36 and 17, a covered, pellet pooping FEC100, and our duck died. :(

News Flash:
"A mans worth is judged by the weight of his integrity "

You know your getting older when you choose your cereal for the fiber, not the toy

Smoke on KC.
WWW.BBQ-BRETHREN.COM
BBQchef33 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-25-2012, 08:32 PM   #55
Sledneck
is one Smokin' Farker

Hundreds of veterans thanked for their service
8:13 PM By Brittany Wait

Photo credit: Brittany Wait
Peter Globuschutz returned from Vietnam 40 years ago to the yelling of protesters at  Travis Air Force Base in Northern California.
On Saturday, he and his wife, Alisa, 54, received friendly handshakes at a Southern-style barbecue to thank military veterans for their courage.
The couple were among the rougly 600 people filling their plates with ribs, brisket, chicken, pulled pork, hamburgers and hotdogs at the Suffolk Police Veterans Association's barbecue, held at the Northport VA Medical Center’s Vietnam Veterans Memorial Garden Courtyard.
PHOTOS: Veterans BBQ in Northport
MORE: newsday.com/northport | Sign up for community newsletters
TWITTER: @brittanywait | @LI_Now
“The feelings are still very real and haven’t healed in all these years,” said Globuschutz, 61, of Huntington Station, who served in the Army’s infantry division during the Vietnam War between 1970 and 1972. “Things like this make it a little bit easier and puts things in perspective that we are the lucky ones to come home.”
Phil Rizzardi and nine others volunteered to grill the night before and into the morning, sleeping overnight on cots outside on the grounds of the VA.
“We’re all on competition barbecue teams,” said Rizzardi, 53, of Nesconset. “There’s really not much we could say to thank these guys, but this is one way to do it.”
Charles Ross, a Suffolk County police officer and board member of the Suffolk Police Veterans Association, served in the Marines for the last 30 years and wanted to show his appreciation to other veterans by filling their stomachs and providing musical entertainment.
“We just want to give back,” said Ross, 48, of Farmingdale. “We know what it’s like to be overseas and make the sacrifice and commitment for our families, so we wanted to reach out to the veterans and their families today to show them that we appreciate what they do and what they’ve done.”
Peter Vannucci, a Korean War veteran, took a break Saturday to sit down and eat with fellow veterans, but he still fondly recalls boosting morale by entertaining his unit in Korea, bringing them comedy, music and talent shows.
“To be able to entertain the guys and come back alive, well what can I say, I’m lucky” said Vannucci, 81, of Northport, who served in the Army between 1951 and 1953. “Now, I sing Sinatra at local hospitals and assisted-living communities.”
The Globuschutzes stayed until the end to meet some new people and to thank them for their service to the country.
“Just to go by somebody and get a smile from them and look at the pride in their faces, it’s nice coming to something like this to know that we are appreciated,” Peter Globuschutz said. “It’s nice to know that the country is behind you now. It’s nice to know that people care.”
The poster does not take any responsibility for any bad feelings or sense of exclusion that the reader of this post may have-whether real or imagined. Reading threads poses inherent risks. The poster of this thread would like to also remind readers to make sure they have a functional sense of humor before they visit any discussion board.[/B][/COLOR][/B]
Sledneck is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from: --->
Old 08-26-2012, 09:59 AM   #56
smokinit
is One Chatty Farker

This was the best time i have had all summer a for a no better cause. Truly amazing and Phil your bedside manor was great you should have been a nurse:D

Old 08-26-2012, 10:03 AM   #57
MikeR
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokinit View Post
This was the best time i have had all summer a for a no better cause. Truly amazing and Phil your bedside manor was great you should have been a nurse:D

You may have just given him an idea for halloween!

Old 08-26-2012, 01:41 PM   #58
Westexbbq
somebody shut me the fark up.

Believe it or not, MikeR ^^^^^^not only took some great pics but he also worked his tail off to boot. Thanks, Mike for helping to record this fantastic event and taking some great shots. It was an honor for me to be able to help, contribute, participate and work with all the brethren there. I will never forget it.
Texas International Pop Festival, Labor Day 1969.
IMBAS Certified.
Just roll me up and smoke me when I die.
Always remember, no matter where ya go,
there you are.
I wanna tell you 'bout Texas radio and the big beat.
Someday, I hope to visit Penelope.
Hondo Crouch, Famous Late Mayor of Lunkenbach, Texas who advocated a 'dillo diet: "You can eat nothing but armadillos for a month, but you will have to run down and catch all the armadillos you eat and it can really take the weight off!"

Westexbbq is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->
Old 08-26-2012, 02:00 PM   #59
Frank Sacco
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBQchef33 View Post
All went great.. not a glitch.. even though I had to tuck kevin in at night under a fast Eddy blanket and sacco, tried to spoon a t night in the trailer.. after his demolition job on Mr Dirtsts pit,...... and just when we thought he was giving up, he tried to finish it off by incinerating it. Nice job sacco!
Giving up is for quiters! My main concern was not to melt the tires off Joey's pit. That would've made for a difficult drive home on rims.

It was wonderful to give back to the individuals who spent years of their lives to defend what we believe in, the core values of life and country. What a great weekend...
Sponsors: Oakridge BBQ, Frontier Charcoal
NEBS MAFIA
Blazin' Buttz BBQ www.blazinbuttzbbq.com
Frank Sacco is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-26-2012, 06:03 PM   #60
mr dirts bbq
Full Fledged Farker

i had a great time at this event, i couldnt think of a better cause, and yes event though sacco tried to incinerate my pit after smashing the tailight off it was still the best time cooking ive had in a while. met some new faces drank some beers and now have black mail photos on frank for future use!

Phil: do you smell burning rubber?
joey: a little........frank how much coals did you put in there?
frank: 18lbs
joey: theres an inch of grease under those coals

thats when the bonfire started, lol

great times guys, lets do it again!
charbroil offset, custom trailer pit, 46" vermont castings gasser, 18" kettle, big poppa smokers engineered drum kit smoker than was never picked up = NEW TOY! :becky: and last but not least: a never ending 20' comp trailer project:doh:
mr dirts bbq is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from: --->