• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

New WSM Owner! 1st Smoke, Brisket & Ribs!!!

FIREPIT

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
I'm now a proud owner of a new WSM 22.5" smoker! :whoo:

This thing is HUGE!!! Instant mods I've done are a probe port and wheels added to the legs. In the morning, I'll break it in with a brisket and three slabs of baby back ribs.

Pron to follow....

No pics = didn't Happen :becky:
Congrats on the pit. Once you get it dialed in, get comfortable with it, take ou the water bowl and cook direct, man what a difference in flavor!

Boasting about buying isn't exciting - show us some action!!!!

I installed the wheels and probe port...
wheels.jpg

Then I filled the ring up with charcoal and wood chunks, and lit 16 briquettes...
lit.jpg

I seasoned my brisket while I waited for the smoker to reach temp...
seasoned.jpg

So far, it's rocking along!
rocking.jpg

Getting ribs ready for the top rack!

Congrats brother, you're going to love the WSM more and more each time you cook.

It is an excellent bbq pit and very well worth the money imo.

I'd like to see your finished brisket and ribs.....enjoy!

The brisket has been on for five hours so I rubbed the ribs.....
ribrub.jpg

Took a quick peek at the brisket while loading the ribs....:oops:
brisketcook.jpg

Lots of meat in the WSM now.....
ribcook.jpg

Thanks for the compliments on my backyard! :-D

Last edited:
Beautiful yard.

You'll love the WSM. Just did my 1st smoke last weekend.

Is the brisket under the ribs?

Beautiful yard.

You'll love the WSM. Just did my 1st smoke last weekend.

Is the brisket under the ribs?

Thanks! Yes, ribs are on top. This is my first smoke and I searched and searched on ribs on top/ribs on bottom and the consensus seems to be ribs on top. We'll soon see!

Brisket and ribs are done and while I wait on the brisket to settle, I'll munch on some baby backs.....

Attachments

• ribsdone.jpg
    ribsdone.jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 202
Cut the brisket and I am amazed at how good the taste and texture is. I'm my worst critic but dang this brisket tastes great! I used a 50/50 mixture of salt and pepper only and had the ribs above it. I'll do this again!!!

Attachments

• brisketdone.jpg
    brisketdone.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 131
Ribs look great - nice smoke ring! Are you happy with the results?

The brisket, definitely yes. Actually, the brisket is incredible, my best yet! The ribs, not completely satisfied. They are very tasty but are falling off of the bone and I like a little firmer rib.

The brisket, definitely yes. Actually, the brisket is incredible, my best yet! The ribs, not completely satisfied. They are very tasty but are falling off of the bone and I like a little firmer rib.
Regardless, that sounds like an awesome first cook.

I highly recommend taking notes about what you did and what you like or don't like about the results. Include any thoughts on what you would want to do differently next time.

The ribs will be firmer if you cook them a little less. I prefer ribs with a little bite myself so I do not wrap.

Back