Smoker build from Shirley Fabrication

Question from a guy who has never used an offset:

Above the firebox is the "warmer," right? What does that get used for? I realize the name is probably self-explanatory, but I imagine the smoke runs from the firebox, through the cylindrical cook chamber and back around into the bottom of the warmer. How much heat difference is there usually between your cook chamber and the warmer? And why would you need such a large warmer? Do you move butts and ribs to the warmer just to hold them until its time to serve, or is that really intended for things that you want to cook much lower temperature?

In most cases you could expect roughly 50 degrees diff from the main chamber.
The logic behind the large size of the warmer,in TQs builds,is he designed it to be a seperate vertical cooker as well as a warming box.Paul & Tyler fab up a charcoal/wood basket in the bottom of the warmer.So for smaller cooks,or direct smoking/grilling,just close off the main chamber & have at it!! One day I imagine someone will request an extra shelf fabbed in right above the fire basket to place a water pan & BAM! An upright water cooker..The possibilities are endless over in Roll Tide-ville it seems..If something special wasnt happening at SF the wait times surely wouldnt be so long..

Thank you for your service brother! Paul gave me someone to contact for shipping. I'll send you a PM once I find out the price.

Hey, it's an absolute honor, but thanks for the acknowledgement!!
Just did my taxes, and I'm getting more back than I previously thought I would. Might be giving Paul a heads up to start my build, even if I have to ship it!

In most cases you could expect roughly 50 degrees diff from the main chamber.
The logic behind the large size of the warmer,in TQs builds,is he designed it to be a seperate vertical cooker as well as a warming box.Paul & Tyler fab up a charcoal/wood basket in the bottom of the warmer.So for smaller cooks,or direct smoking/grilling,just close off the main chamber & have at it!! One day I imagine someone will request an extra shelf fabbed in right above the fire basket to place a water pan & BAM! An upright water cooker..The possibilities are endless over in Roll Tide-ville it seems..If something special wasnt happening at SF the wait times surely wouldnt be so long..

My build hasn't started yet, stop putting ideas in my head!!!!

Paul and Tyler are at it again. Here are a couple of build photos from my smoker. Should be ready in about a week or so. I can't say enough great things about the process with Paul. Class act all the way.:clap2:

More build pics from Paul.

Attachments

• photo 1.JPG
    photo 1.JPG
    113.7 KB · Views: 102
  • photo 2.JPG
    photo 2.JPG
    116.3 KB · Views: 102
  • photo 3.JPG
    photo 3.JPG
    101 KB · Views: 102
  • photo 4.JPG